Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad?

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 7 months ago #37543

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1213
lcres1 wrote:
No, Jesus is The Lamb! Not a lion or some kind of fairy tale! Because if this is a fairytale, then why shouldn't it be the Bible. Not a fairy tale!

To anyone doubting whether or not the idea of Jesus as a lion is biblical, see Revelation 5:5, where Jesus is in Heaven, in all his glory.

The symbol of the House (tribe) of Judah was a lion. Judah was thr most influential out of all of Jacob's sons, and often led them in their decision making. From the line of Judah came David, Solomon, Hezekiah, Josiah, and most notably, Jesus.

Lions are powerful creatures. There is a reason why the moniker "King of the Jungle" is so readily applied to lions. As the leader of the sons of Jacob, it would only make sense for the tribe's symbol to be a lion. And considering Jesus was of the Tribe of Judah, you can even say that it's foreshadowed.

Yes, Jesus is called the Lamb of God. But because his sacrifice has been completed and he has returned to glory, that title is no longer relevant. As the ruler of the Universe, he is the Lion of Judah, and as stated in Revelation, he is the one who is worthy of all power, honor, and authority.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: faithforever

Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 7 months ago #37637

• luv cats
  • Thank you received: 7
no i have also read all the books and seen all the movies and i think aslan (lion) is supposed to represent god who died to save us (or in the movies case narnia) and the white witch represents satan who suffers eternal death and the good things and people are gods flock and the bad things represent satans flock so yeah he does talk about god he just discuises it overall i dont think that the cronicals of narnia are bad hope this helps! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: faithforever

Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 7 months ago #37679

Also, in relation to him never actually mentioning God, the entire book of Esther never mentions God either. Yet God allowed it into the Bible. Sometimes actions speak louder than words.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 2 years 4 months ago #48000

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
I love Narnia!!!! (Just look at my profile image :P Yes, that is Aslan.) sorry I'm commenting on such an old topic... :oops: (by the way, why are there 2 of these faces: :blush: :oops: ) The Chronicles of Narnia helped me really understand how deep God's love is for us. It's like my favorite book. (Or at least one of my favorites...)
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 2 years 3 months ago #48979

• minifat
  • Kpop Lover & Biggest Star Wars Fanatic Ever
  • Thank you received: 36
Strong_Arm_Luc wrote:
I don't think that helped at all. If Aslon is said to represent Jesus... Then why did he die instead of the Lamb of God. The Lamb is the One that died for our sins! Not a lion or some other animal! Are you understanding the Lamb is the One that died on the cross, which is suppose to represent Jesus!The Lamb is the One that died on the cross for our sins! if C.S Lewis is a chrristian, why didn't C.S Lewis think of The Lamb of God instead of another animal.... I think C.S Lewis is misunderstanding you or everyone else! I hope you all understand about this topic. May God bless you! B) :) ;) :cheer:

I think he chose a lion because they call Jesus the Lion of Judah. I have all the books and movies and they have a good message behind it.
Absolutely, Positively, and Totally in love with Jeon Jungkook <3
~Grant Gustin is who I live for~

Snapchat: hit_thelotto99
Instagram: @corrin1a
Twitter: @opal_fire99
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137
Moderators: melaniebockmann
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds