Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad?

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 8 hours ago #15070

• Bree_Gods_Girl
  • "Don't cross a bridge before it's made"
  • Thank you received: 90
Icres1- One of the names of God is Lion... "Jesus the Lion of the tribe of Judah".... Jesus is also like a dove... He is compared to a lot of animals...
Bee
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 8 hours ago #15071

• Bree_Gods_Girl
  • "Don't cross a bridge before it's made"
  • Thank you received: 90
@Icres1- Revelation 5:5
Bee

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 hour ago #15126

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
  • Thank you received: 105
I know, I know. But C.S Lewis is reaching kids to Christ by fantasy. :dry:
;-)

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 4 years 11 months ago #16018

God and Hollywood don't miss

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 4 years 11 months ago #16262

• FelineRose
  • Thank you received: 25
Hey, a quick note. :) I think yiu are right, but the re ason cs lewis used a lion is cuz it is a faritale. It is not supposed to be perfext, but I see where u r going
Shea K. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strong_Arm_Luc

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 4 years 11 months ago #16695

• bbjjss123
  • who lives in Georgia?
  • Thank you received: 26
I've read all 7 books! They are SO good! They aren't christian books and not about God or anything but still so detailed you will not be able to put the book down. And Aslan represents God/ White Witch represents Satan. It's quite obvious if you read the book. I <3 those books!!!
love ~ joy ~ peace
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy77

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 4 years 11 months ago #17101

• DukeHelton
  • Thank you received: 63
:whistle: I've read them all too. C.S Lewis himself is a christian author. He wrote many books about it. B)
boot

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 4 years 10 months ago #17929

Not everything that is labeled christian is Christ-like
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 4 years 10 months ago #17936

the chronicles of Narnia has some bad things in it.Take this, a character that is a human and a goat mixed (i dont know his Name)has a lot of the physical appearance and items of Greek mythological god named pan.pan is described to be very evil and wicked like a demon. IF this guy with the same physical features... is friends with the main character with is supposed to be good :pinch: that's suspicious.there is a lot of mysticism in the movie.I am very suspicious about it

{My info comes from little light studios Magic Kingdom}
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by JamaicanNinja7. Reason: to stop people from being confused

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 4 years 10 months ago #18006

• Penelope009
  • John 3:16
  • Thank you received: 37
No, I think it's good because its a redo of the story of God. It tells you about God's fight with Satan for us
GodSwag

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 9 months ago #35548

• godsgreat
  • GODSKID
  • Thank you received: 120
love narnia!!!!
I AM ..................AWESOME

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 8 months ago #36228

well i haven't read the books, but my mom has read the 1st one and she says it has a lot of greek mythology sorta stuff going on, like the half human half horse (I think) creature...idk

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 8 months ago #36468

God does not condone witches and magic. Some of the other themes in Narnia are not right.

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 8 months ago #36482

• Sk8er4God
  • Allons-y!
  • Thank you received: 255
The first book is just weird but the rest of them have a lot of parallels to our spiritual life.
M-mental
A-abuse
T-to
H-humans

Just kidding I like math.

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 8 months ago #36483

• Sk8er4God
  • Allons-y!
  • Thank you received: 255
Alright I have read all the books and I think that there are a lot of parallels between the books and our spiritual lives. For instance, Aslan does represent Jesus and in the first book, when Lucy goes into the wardrobe and no one believed that she had been to Narnia represents the doubts that we have, and Aslan dying is how Jesus died for us. In the last book it basically sums up what the second coming will be like. And when they find out that the train really did crash, it is like when Jesus does come we will stay with Him forever and everyone who had been faithful to God will be there too. There is more I could say by I don't want to spoil the stories for you. :P ;)
M-mental
A-abuse
T-to
H-humans

Just kidding I like math.
The following user(s) said Thank You: faithforever

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 8 months ago #36558

C.S. Lewis was influenced by some parts of mythology, he adored medieval literature, especially its use of allegory, and used it in his own works. Some of this influence comes out in the characters in Chronicles of Narnia, e.g. Mr. Tumnus the faun, centaurs, unicorns, dryads, satyrs, etc. Lewis had always loved fantasy stories and fairy tales using creatures such as these and knew other children did as well, he wanted to give them something that they would want to read and would enjoy but also something that would teach them about God and point them towards Him. The first book, The Magician's nephew, is an allegory of creation. The second and perhaps best known book, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, is a clear allegory of Christ and his sacrifice for us. The final book, The Last Battle, is a reference to the end times. The in between books are not direct allegories of the Bible in this way, although Prince Caspian would seem to have been inspired by King David, but they all are based on Biblical/Christian themes. There are evil characters, including a witch and a werewolf, but they are not there as heroes of the stories, they are there to represent the evil in this world.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by faithforever. Reason: typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: cool12, Sk8er4God

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 7 months ago #37056

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 342
C.S. Lewis worshipped the devil sometime in his life. He did witch craft. read this link. amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deceptions-witc...ft-narnia-chronicles
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 7 months ago #37058

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
also read 1 Peter 5:8
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 7 months ago #37111

Hey mittens92999,

Just want to encourage you to be super careful when reading articles on the Internet. The speakers and the material from that site have been banned in a lot of Seventh-day Adventist Churches because of the weird conspiracy theories and myths they promote. If you find an article on a site whose only mission is to point out all the ways people are being "deceived," keep in mind that websites like that NEED conspiracy theories and "deceptions" to keep their movement going and keep people supporting them financially, so they are not the most objective sites to look at. Be especially watchful of ministries that are independent of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

The particular article you referenced has been floating around lots of different conspiracy theory sites--both Adventist and non-Adventist--and I don't find it to be credible because one of the C.S. Lewis sayings they quoted was from a book I happen to own. The quote they used was taken out of context from the rest of the book and attempted to make C.S. Lewis say something he really wasn't saying. (By the way, watching out for quotes that contain "..." in the middle. That means they've left words out of the quote, and sometimes they are important words that add or take away meaning.)

I know that C.S. Lewis is controversial because of the way he used his imagination in his writing; however, I own a lot of books by him (not just the Chronicles of Narnia), and they are uplifting and challenging and deal with difficult topics...and they point to God, not witchcraft or the occult.

Of course, you are welcome to your own opinion, but I hope you will take into consideration the things I've mentioned so you don't get swept up into conspiracy theories or confused by people who earn their living trying to find Satan in everything.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, faithforever, Sk8er4God, RT3Gamer

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 7 months ago #37118

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1213
You know, Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan never directly mentions God either. Yet it is considered a brilliant allegory of a pure Christian life. So are we saying that CS Lewis is bad because his books never explicitly mention God? Neither do the Books of Esther and Song of Solomon. Just a thought.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: faithforever, Sk8er4God, Mp137

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 7 months ago #37138

In the Bible one of Jesus' names is "The Lion of the tribe of Judah" and "The Lamb". Since CS Lewis used fictional characters to illustrate nonfictional lessons and principles I say that he had every right to use either one, just as long as the teaching was that of truthfulness. So either way could be acceptable.
2 Tim 3:16-17 NKJV "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 7 months ago #37211

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
The similarities between the occult and the book are undeniable and in now way does this book bring your relationship closer to Christ.

-15 years old

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 7 months ago #37404

• RT3Gamer
  • Thank you received: 9
Jesus/The Father/Holy Spirit IS known as The lamb of God, The Lion of Judah, Lion are known as a symbol of strength, when C.S. Lewis was writing the book, he probably wanted for christians and non-christians to see God as a powerful ruler

I didn't choose the thug life...

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 7 months ago #37447

• Blue Tornado
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Thank you received: 803
dancer4god wrote:
If you read the books, you find out in the last one that Asland actually IS God. He takes the form of a lion when he's in Narnia. And there are a lot of parallels to Christianity. Aslan and the stone table, Jesus and the cross. Horse and His Boy teaches about God's omnipotence and omniprescence. I like the first book, sometimes I wonder if how C. S. Lewis made Narnia get created is anything like how God made earth. May be he did sing his commands instead of just saying, "Let there be light."

In fact, in the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Aslan did say that he has another name that Lucy and Edmund can learn about him by. Obviously that name is Jesus Christ. AND Aslan is a lion to show he is powerful and in the Final Battle, he recreates Narnia where Peter, Edmund, and Lucy live eternally. Obviously this new Narnia is the New Heaven/New Earth.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 3 years 7 months ago #37458

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1213
Double standard.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
Moderators: melaniebockmann
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds