Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad?

Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 2 months ago #10376

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
  • Thank you received: 105
I've seen and read the series of "The Chronicles of Narnia".I've heard that C.S Lewis is a christian but he never talks about God, Jesus, & the Holy Spirit in his series. And I've also heard rumors about that the Lion is satan or whatever. So as I was saying, Is "The Chronicles of Narnia" Bad? :) :cheer: ;) :side:
;-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 2 months ago #10568

• lilypad5th
  • Thank you received: 12
I don't believe it is. Aslan (the lion) is said to represent Jesus, and when he died in the first movie, that represented Jesus dying on the cross. Hope this helped! :)
LillyPadluvsGod:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: George4296, cool12, Bree_Gods_Girl

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #10775

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
I don't think that helped at all. If Aslon is said to represent Jesus... Then why did he die instead of the Lamb of God. The Lamb is the One that died for our sins! Not a lion or some other animal! Are you understanding the Lamb is the One that died on the cross, which is suppose to represent Jesus!The Lamb is the One that died on the cross for our sins! if C.S Lewis is a chrristian, why didn't C.S Lewis think of The Lamb of God instead of another animal.... I think C.S Lewis is misunderstanding you or everyone else! I hope you all understand about this topic. May God bless you! B) :) ;) :cheer:
;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 13and lovingit

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #10818

• SamanthaS.
  • Thank you received: 92
Aslan? Satan? I don't think so. Satan is the White Witch, if you can't tell. Aslan is warm and nice and about pleasures in the long run. The White Witch entices you with candy. It definitely wouldn't be something you read/watch on Sabbath, but there are some good lessons you can learn from it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cool12

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #10819

• SamanthaS.
  • Thank you received: 92
Well, C. S Lewis used an animal, being a lion because it IS a fairy tale.

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #10854

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
No, Jesus is The Lamb! Not a lion or some kind of fairy tale! Because if this is a fairytale, then why shouldn't it be the Bible. Not a fairy tale!
;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 13and lovingit

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #10858

• dancer4god
  • I love God!
  • Thank you received: 279
If you read the books, you find out in the last one that Asland actually IS God. He takes the form of a lion when he's in Narnia. And there are a lot of parallels to Christianity. Aslan and the stone table, Jesus and the cross. Horse and His Boy teaches about God's omnipotence and omniprescence. I like the first book, sometimes I wonder if how C. S. Lewis made Narnia get created is anything like how God made earth. May be he did sing his commands instead of just saying, "Let there be light."
~God's love, wack-a-doodles, and fluffy poodles~
The following user(s) said Thank You: cool12

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #10897

• zack23
  • Thank you received: 5
The Bible doesn't just represent Jesus as a lamb. It also uses the lion to represent him.
Nathan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myles80, cool12, Bree_Gods_Girl

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #10903

lcres1 wrote:
I don't think that helped at all. If Aslon is said to represent Jesus... Then why did he die instead of the Lamb of God. The Lamb is the One that died for our sins! Not a lion or some other animal! Are you understanding the Lamb is the One that died on the cross, which is suppose to represent Jesus!The Lamb is the One that died on the cross for our sins! if C.S Lewis is a chrristian, why didn't C.S Lewis think of The Lamb of God instead of another animal.... I think C.S Lewis is misunderstanding you or everyone else! I hope you all understand about this topic. May God bless you! B) :) ;) :cheer:
God has been referenced as a lion in some cases as well, not just as a lamb. But actually, in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Aslan appears as a lamb for a short time as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cool12, Bree_Gods_Girl

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #10906

Aslan is definitely not Satan, he represents Jesus. Satan is represented by the white witch. These stories contain many references to biblical principals. I believe that CS Lewis wrote them for the explicit purpose of helping children (well anyone actually) to come closer to God by using stories that they could identify with. There is even a part where Aslan tells the children "I brought you to this world so that you might know me better in your own."
The following user(s) said Thank You: cool12, Mp137

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #10979

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
Where in the Bible does it represents Jesus as a lion? :)
;-)

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11024

• lilypad5th
You know, it says in the Bible that God is the Lion of Judah. Hello: Lion = Aslan :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: faithforever, Mp137

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11026

• lilypad5th
The Bible does use a lamb to represent Jesus. I read it in Revelation. :huh:

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11085

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
lilypad5th wrote:
You know, it says in the Bible that God is the Lion of Judah. Hello: Lion = Asland :blink:

But that's just the CITY of Judah! I know that there's a Asland of Judah. But what about Asland as the WORLD! Should Asland be the WORLD or city, or should there be The Lamb of God.... Your choice. Good luck! ;)
;-)

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11101

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
Melanie, can you help us out here if the Chronicles of Narnia Bad or good? :)
;-)

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11116

Umm Icres1. I'm not sure you have it right there. Jesus was the lion of Judah, as well as the lamb of God. Jesus is represented by a number of things in the bible, including a chicken. But do you think that Jesus should be represented as a chicken? You are getting way to caught up by this, calling Jesus the lamb of God is only symbolic, he isn't actually a lamb. It is a reference to his sacrifice and perfection. Just as Aslan being a lion is primarily symbolic. Plus, Aslan was a king, and you don't exactly think of a king as a lamb. If you had actually read the books, which I highly doubt you have, you might understand this a little better. A recurring phrase in the books is, "He (Aslan) is not tame, but He is good." This describes Jesus well. We have to remember that He is in control, He is God of the Universe, but He is also good and He loves us more than anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cool12, Bree_Gods_Girl

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11126

• aniztem
  • Thank you received: 17
Well, to start off, Narnia is make believe. It is not saying that anyhting on it is true. The Lion REPRESENTS Jesus. I think in the Bible it says something about the Lion of Judea or something like that. The White Witch represents Satan. I agree with you that Jesus is the Lamb of God, but Narnia is make belive, not for real
The following user(s) said Thank You: faithforever, cool12, Bree_Gods_Girl

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11145

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
Oh! Did I say I read them all? I meant I've seen only the movies!!! OHH! Sorry guys that I accidentally said that I read them all. Can you forgive me? :(
But were still going to keep this topic going. ;)
;-)

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11208

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
O.K, I hope you all understand about this topic. Because I think this is the last speech that
I will do for now. So here it goes:
I know "The Chronicles of Narnia" does reflect on Bible truths, Bible storis, and Bible messages.
Example: Aslan being killed and raising for Edmund. It's really fun to watch the movies.And I
know C.S Lewis WAS a christian writer.
BUT:
It's purpose is to reach non-christians through fantasy. It has alot of fantasy and magic depending on how you interpret it. It can lead you to fantasy stuff. That's what I don't like.
Over all, I think "The Chronicles of Narnia" is good, but not for brand new christians. Be able
to tell the truth from fiction and real fantasy. And what I think about this topic is that C.S Lewis is comparing Biblical belief's through fantasy. Just be careful with magic, and fantasy.

P.S: After I saw the movies I began to space away more to christian appropiate (pardon from my
spelling) but not christian based fantasy movies/books.

P.S.S: Asland being called Saton, I got that from the Internet.

Hope this helps! God bless, and a HAPPY sabbath! B) :) :cheer: ;) :side:
;-)
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Strong_Arm_Luc.

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11251

Ok, let's see if I can bring some clarity to this discussion... I'll do my best! :)

First of all, C.S. Lewis was a Christian. While other authors of his time were exploring secular fantasy, he wanted to create something that would further the salvation story, and that's where the Chronicles of Narnia came from. My understanding is he was imagining what the plan of salvation would look like if another place besides Earth fell into sin (I can't verify that for sure at this point, because I can't locate my source, but that is my understanding), and that's why there are themes in common with the salvation story, but the characters and situations are different.

I have read three of the Chronicles of Narnia books. Personally, I am inspired by C.S. Lewis' other writings more than the Chronicles of Narnia, mainly because I'm not a huge fantasy fan, I prefer the real story to the allegory, and I'm not crazy about describing the things of God as "magic," etc. However, I do not think they are evil or some sort of secret plot of deception designed to confuse you or infiltrate your brain with all manner of evil. I think they are one person's allegorical account of salvation, and if they inspire you to be closer to God (and I know that a lot of people have been truly inspired by his work), then great! If it doesn't appeal to you, or you don't feel comfortable exploring C.S. Lewis' imaginary world, then you are free to leave the books on the shelves and choose something else to read that does inspire your relationship with God.

I know people have strong opinions about this. My suggestion is: do what you feel convicted to do, but leave room for other people to do what they feel convicted to do. Debate is healthy and that's why this forum is a great place to discuss these topics; however, passing judgment on people because they believe differently from you isn't healthy. It's also perfectly OK to agree to disagree.

Does that help?

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11319

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
O.K, NOW I understand. Thanx Melanie. Do any of you want to end this topic for now? B) :) :cheer: ;)
;-)

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11326

• George4296
  • I am a follower of Jesus! How about you???
  • Thank you received: 32
The Chronicles of Narnia are Christian-like books that have a point to it. For example: Aslan is represented by Jesus Christ. The White Witch represents Satan as a deceiver who tricked Edmund into eating the candy(Just like the serpent in the Garden of Eden who tempted Eve to eat the fruit, and she took it and ate it). So, the movies and books actually do have a meaning to it. :) :) If you want this topic to end, that's your decision. ;) Hope this answer helped! God Bless YOU! :woohoo: :woohoo:
I'm glad that we are going to heaven soon! Are you ready to see Jesus? :D :D :D :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy77

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11334

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
I'm just asking if all of y'all want to end it?
;-)

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 month ago #11349

• Happy77
  • Thank you received: 13
I think what George said at the end of his message is what you should read. :) :)

Re: Is The Chronicles of Narnia Bad? 5 years 1 week ago #14336

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
George4296 wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia are Christian-like books that have a point to it. For example: Aslan is represented by Jesus Christ. The White Witch represents Satan as a deceiver who tricked Edmund into eating the candy(Just like the serpent in the Garden of Eden who tempted Eve to eat the fruit, and she took it and ate it). So, the movies and books actually do have a meaning to it. :) :) If you want this topic to end, that's your decision. ;) Hope this answer helped! God Bless YOU! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Do you mean God Bless YOU! Happy77? :huh:
;-)
Moderators: melaniebockmann
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds