Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Name that Dog!

Name that Dog! 6 months 2 weeks ago #72651

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
TravelPastel wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
Time to revive this topic!! :P

Guess this dog! It's quite large and quite fluffy!
Hint:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Guess this next dog! It's the 3 pictures to the right/ the smaller looking dog (Easier)
Hint:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

is it a tibetan mastiff?
and i don't know the last one

Yeah, the first one is a Tibetan Mastiff! Good job!

Anyone can guess the last one?

It's a Pekingese
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 6 months 2 weeks ago #72652

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
They almost went extinct because a long time ago when china had some sort of war those dogs were considered holy so the Chinese tried to kill them all so they wouldn't be taken by invaders.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 6 months 2 weeks ago #72667

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 741
  • Thank you received: 485
Mp137 wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
Time to revive this topic!! :P

Guess this dog! It's quite large and quite fluffy!
Hint:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Guess this next dog! It's the 3 pictures to the right/ the smaller looking dog (Easier)
Hint:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

is it a tibetan mastiff?
and i don't know the last one

Yeah, the first one is a Tibetan Mastiff! Good job!

Anyone can guess the last one?

It's a Pekingese

Yep you got it!!
*Signature = work in progress*
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 6 months 2 weeks ago #72668

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 741
  • Thank you received: 485
Mp137 wrote:
They almost went extinct because a long time ago when china had some sort of war those dogs were considered holy so the Chinese tried to kill them all so they wouldn't be taken by invaders.
Thanks for that fun fact!
I'm glad they didn't, they're pretty cute!
*Signature = work in progress*
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77747

  • ClimberforGod
  • ClimberforGod's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Reading+climbing+dragons+syfy+​God=my awesome life.
  • Posts: 233
  • Thank you received: 94
Hi, Mp137, could post pictures instead of files, because the files NEVER work on my computer? Thanks you!
helping one person may not change the world,
but it could change the world for one person

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77766

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
ClimberforGod wrote:
Hi, Mp137, could post pictures instead of files, because the files NEVER work on my computer? Thanks you!

I would, but I've sort of run out of dogs. XD Of anyone else has any dogs they want us to guess, go ahead and post them
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77802

  • ClimberforGod
  • ClimberforGod's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Reading+climbing+dragons+syfy+​God=my awesome life.
  • Posts: 233
  • Thank you received: 94
Mp137 wrote:
ClimberforGod wrote:
Hi, Mp137, could post pictures instead of files, because the files NEVER work on my computer? Thanks you!

I would, but I've sort of run out of dogs. XD Of anyone else has any dogs they want us to guess, go ahead and post them
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
helping one person may not change the world,
but it could change the world for one person

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 4 months 2 weeks ago #78280

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
ClimberforGod wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
ClimberforGod wrote:
Hi, Mp137, could post pictures instead of files, because the files NEVER work on my computer? Thanks you!

I would, but I've sort of run out of dogs. XD Of anyone else has any dogs they want us to guess, go ahead and post them
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Lol. I know there are hundreds of dog breeds that I haven't done. I just meant I had run out of lesser known breeds to post
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 4 months 2 weeks ago #78300

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 741
  • Thank you received: 485
ClimberforGod wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
ClimberforGod wrote:
Hi, Mp137, could post pictures instead of files, because the files NEVER work on my computer? Thanks you!

I would, but I've sort of run out of dogs. XD Of anyone else has any dogs they want us to guess, go ahead and post them
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Omi goodness, I have two miniature doberman pinschers (both girls)!!
*Signature = work in progress*
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClimberforGod

Name that Dog! 4 months 2 weeks ago #78302

  • ClimberforGod
  • ClimberforGod's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Reading+climbing+dragons+syfy+​God=my awesome life.
  • Posts: 233
  • Thank you received: 94
Mp137 wrote:
ClimberforGod wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
ClimberforGod wrote:
Hi, Mp137, could post pictures instead of files, because the files NEVER work on my computer? Thanks you!

I would, but I've sort of run out of dogs. XD Of anyone else has any dogs they want us to guess, go ahead and post them
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Lol. I know there are hundreds of dog breeds that I haven't done. I just meant I had run out of lesser known breeds to post
Oh then just look up 'in common dog breeds on google or yahoo or whatever.
helping one person may not change the world,
but it could change the world for one person

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 4 months 2 weeks ago #78314

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
ClimberforGod wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
ClimberforGod wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
ClimberforGod wrote:
Hi, Mp137, could post pictures instead of files, because the files NEVER work on my computer? Thanks you!

I would, but I've sort of run out of dogs. XD Of anyone else has any dogs they want us to guess, go ahead and post them
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Lol. I know there are hundreds of dog breeds that I haven't done. I just meant I had run out of lesser known breeds to post
Oh then just look up 'in common dog breeds on google or yahoo or whatever.

I can think of plenty off the top of my head, but I don't really want to be in charge of this anymore. Like I said, you can do some if you'd like
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 4 months 2 weeks ago #78315

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
TravelPastel wrote:
ClimberforGod wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
ClimberforGod wrote:
Hi, Mp137, could post pictures instead of files, because the files NEVER work on my computer? Thanks you!

I would, but I've sort of run out of dogs. XD Of anyone else has any dogs they want us to guess, go ahead and post them
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Omi goodness, I have two miniature doberman pinschers (both girls)!!

I love min pins!!! Could you post a picture? You don't have to if you don't want to
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 4 months 2 weeks ago #78328

  • ClimberforGod
  • ClimberforGod's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Reading+climbing+dragons+syfy+​God=my awesome life.
  • Posts: 233
  • Thank you received: 94
My Nana has bred full size dobies for over 40 years!! She is with akc! When she has a litter, she advertises the pups!!
helping one person may not change the world,
but it could change the world for one person

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Name that Dog! 4 months 2 weeks ago #78361

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
ClimberforGod wrote:
My Nana has bred full size dobies for over 40 years!! She is with akc! When she has a litter, she advertises the pups!!

Does she show any of her dogs? I love Dobermans. If I ever got one I wouldn't crop the ears and tail though... that makes me sad. :(
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04, TravelPastel

Name that Dog! 4 months 2 weeks ago #78370

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 741
  • Thank you received: 485
Mp137 wrote:
ClimberforGod wrote:
My Nana has bred full size dobies for over 40 years!! She is with akc! When she has a litter, she advertises the pups!!

Does she show any of her dogs? I love Dobermans. If I ever got one I wouldn't crop the ears and tail though... that makes me sad. :(
When I rescued my mini dobers, they were already cut. It makes me sad too, since they cut it to make them look more fierce...
@Climber I'm a sucker for dobers after I got two >O<
*Signature = work in progress*
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 4 months 2 weeks ago #78374

  • ClimberforGod
  • ClimberforGod's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Reading+climbing+dragons+syfy+​God=my awesome life.
  • Posts: 233
  • Thank you received: 94
TravelPastel wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
ClimberforGod wrote:
My Nana has bred full size dobies for over 40 years!! She is with akc! When she has a litter, she advertises the pups!!

Does she show any of her dogs? I love Dobermans. If I ever got one I wouldn't crop the ears and tail though... that makes me sad. :(
When I rescued my mini dobers, they were already cut. It makes me sad too, since they cut it to make them look more fierce...
@Climber I'm a sucker for dobers after I got two >O<
I love em!! @Mp137, she crops the tail. Because iif the tail hits any thing while it's wagging, the tail could break off because dobies have very brittle tails. So that part is so it will chase them less pain. But the ears are just for show. Also, Nana does not show them any more. But I will make a forum when she has another litter,(right now she is looking for a male.) and then you can go on the AKC website and search doberman pups for sale, and hers will be under the name 'Sharsellfarm'. :lol:
helping one person may not change the world,
but it could change the world for one person

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Name that Dog! 4 months 2 weeks ago #78386

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
Hmm... I think if the dobies had such brittle tails that they needed to be docked, God would have made them with short tails. I understand that urging the tail was probably useful when it was more of a working dog, but now it's just AKC standards. Even ear cropping had a purpose back in the day. But not anymore. I mean, a Doberman's tail isn't super long, and it sort of curls up, so it's not in the way. No one cuts off a greyhound's tail. It's very similar. Last thing: Did you know that some dogs can feel phantom pain in their docked tails their whole life? I find that so sad and a risk I don't think we should take.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, TravelPastel

Name that Dog! 4 months 2 weeks ago #78437

  • ClimberforGod
  • ClimberforGod's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Reading+climbing+dragons+syfy+​God=my awesome life.
  • Posts: 233
  • Thank you received: 94
Mp137 wrote:
Hmm... I think if the dobies had such brittle tails that they needed to be docked, God would have made them with short tails. I understand that urging the tail was probably useful when it was more of a working dog, but now it's just AKC standards. Even ear cropping had a purpose back in the day. But not anymore. I mean, a Doberman's tail isn't super long, and it sort of curls up, so it's not in the way. No one cuts off a greyhound's tail. It's very similar. Last thing: Did you know that some dogs can feel phantom pain in their docked tails their whole life? I find that so sad and a risk I don't think we should take.
Yikes, I had no idea!! But my Nana crops the ears because she thinks if they don't have them cropped, that the look ridiculous! :S (not really my opinion) so that's why she. Tops the ears. But I do see your point...
helping one person may not change the world,
but it could change the world for one person

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: richaguilera
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds