Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Religion & School

Religion & School 5 years 6 months ago #119

• Bluechemistry
  • For me, the soul of music is the violin.
  • Thank you received: 6
Hello, Rich! ;)

How can America call themselves "the land of the free" if you're not even allowed to pray in public school?
"I hope that you will rely on God's love to help you turn large problems into little ones and little ones into nothing at all."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Religion & School 5 years 6 months ago #131

• Violingirl1
  • I love music and sports
  • Thank you received: 90
You can pray in public school. The teachers can't have worship, but you can pray silently to yourself. :)
~Violingirl1
The following user(s) said Thank You: purple_A

Re: Religion & School 5 years 6 months ago #135

• Daze
  • In posts I am a Supercentenarian
  • Thank you received: 302
I believe america is a good country but not as good as they say or claim to be.Anyway they answer in your question is that the american government doesn't want to seem bias or for any religion so they prohibit any religious practice in school and try to keep a secular theme. I remember that our church was having a seminar in the library about smoking and we had to address god as the "Supreme Being" which me and my sibling found pretty funny.But yeah I really get your drift because even though american schools claim to be secular they teach that there is no god witch is piratically a religion as well "the religion of no God" so if i would suggest something to public school is that they teach science as it should be taught:not disapproving the fact that there is a god or approving that there isn't. Or in other I don't think that science in schools should taught in school without any of those made up theories about how the world came about.Then in that way students are able to make an unbiased opinion in their minds whether there is a god or not.
The law of God, enshrined within the ark, was the great rule of righteousness and judgment. That law pronounced death upon the transgressor; but above the law was the mercy seat, upon which the presence of God was revealed, and from which, by virtue of the atonement, pardon was granted to the...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bluechemistry, Quirky, Going4God

Re: Religion & School 5 years 6 months ago #309

Just depends on how you look at "land of the free". You are free to do whatever you want, sometime it's actually TOO much freedom because things get worse when people don't have at least SOME boundaries. This means schools don't want to "push" any religious beliefs on anyone so they took all that out of the schools. The ironic part is that evolution, which is taught in school as "science", is actually a religion too. It has never been observed, and there are no experiments that can prove it happened, yet it is taught out of FAITH that it happened. Believing in something out of faith is religion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marme101, Bluechemistry, Godsadvicegiver12, Quirky, Going4God, Pyrrhic

Re: Religion & School 5 years 6 months ago #541

I pray in school all thetime. I used to get teased about it. people would steal my lunche and do horrid things. But I just kept praying and eventually people started to respect that. My friends are totally cool with me praying, sometimes they even want to know what I was praying about. That way I have an oppurtunity to tell them about God.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bluechemistry, Godsadvicegiver12, Quirky, dancer4god, Going4God, Pyrrhic, im a beekeeper

Re: Religion & School 1 year 47 minutes ago #62010

• Servant
  • Serve God
  • Thank you received: 59
There was an idea of resurrecting old topics. This one seemed worthy of resurrecting.

If someone wants to pray in school then he or she should. Rich, The schools seem to force people to not pray in school, bring their Bible to school and other things. These are facts.
Politics and the Christian faith should be combined. So I am now against Hillary as well as Trump. I can no longer support a homo supporting baby-killer. Nor can I support an unrepentant adulterer. God will judge them both.
~Servant

Re: Religion & School 11 months 4 weeks ago #62016

Hi! You can bring your Bible and pray in school all you want, but the teachers can't pray as part of their class.

Re: Religion & School 11 months 4 weeks ago #62017

• Servant
  • Serve God
richaguilera wrote:
Hi! You can bring your Bible and pray in school all you want, but the teachers can't pray as part of their class.
There was this book I read that mentioned that a boy brought his Bible to school and read it to himself. The teacher told that he couldn't do that. So the next day he brought his Bible to school but didn't read it. The teacher took it from him anyway. Then there was the time a boy couldn't pass out Bible verses to his classmates, those who wanted them, at school.
Politics and the Christian faith should be combined. So I am now against Hillary as well as Trump. I can no longer support a homo supporting baby-killer. Nor can I support an unrepentant adulterer. God will judge them both.
~Servant

Religion & School 11 months 4 weeks ago #62027

@Servant sometimes in some areas, usually in ones that are more "liberal" Teachers and other staff are either personally offended, or don't want someone else to be, so they do things like that even though its against US law, because they are not aware, (now on some occasions they are, but they just want to make a statement or something) anyway, this goes out to all guidesters in the USA, if you encounter something like this, don't be silent, the law is on your side, and don't be afraid to stand up to anyone who would do that, the rights of Christians matter just as much as anyone else's.
Also, i would like to urge anyone who goes to school to participate in the next Bring Your Bible to School Day, if you are a Christian, don't be afraid to show it "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 10:32 KJV
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: richaguilera, Quirky, Servant

Religion & School 11 months 3 weeks ago #62040

• Servant
  • Serve God
notturningaside, Thank you for that. I thought it went for all schools.
~Servant
The following user(s) said Thank You: notturningaside

Re: Religion & School 11 months 3 weeks ago #62055

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1208
Servant wrote:
There was an idea of resurrecting old topics. This one seemed worthy of resurrecting.

If someone wants to pray in school then he or she should. Rich, The schools seem to force people to not pray in school, bring their Bible to school and other things. These are facts.

Before 1967, public schools led their students in prayer every day. In 1967, the Supreme Court found that state-sponsored public-school prayer was the same as establishing a religion, which the Constitution does not allow. Students can still pray freely, but teachers, who are state employees, cannot lead their students in prayer. Because there are laws that are supposed to protect everyone from religious persecution, teachers cannot prohibit their students from reading their Bibles.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Religion & School 11 months 3 weeks ago #62122

just a footnote to inspired thinker, they cannot prohibit you from being open about your faith, or praying either
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
Moderators: richaguilera
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds