Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Trolls and Flamewars

Trolls and Flamewars 3 years 1 month ago #41255

• smileygon10
  • Meow!
  • Thank you received: 126
Hi Guide Community,

I have seen many controversial topics on the Guide Discussion Board.

While this is OK, it seems to me that some of the arguments are becoming mean, becoming judgmental, and people are pointing fingers at other people.

Is that our purpose here at Guide? We are trying to have a closer relationship with Jesus, and the discussion board can help us help each other and get help. We shouldn't be trying to win a victory over your opponent.

However, it seems as if Guide is becoming your average post forum flame-war, except over theology.

Please remember that the rules of netiquette still apply to Guide. Also, we want to well represent Christ to the world. If all others see are arguments, what will they think of Christ? We want to surpass the rules of netiquette, by doing even better, because that should be the way of a Christian.

Here are a couple verses to look at (You can click on the bible text in blue to go to Bible Gateway in NKJV.):

Ephesians 4:32
And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Romans 12:10
Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;

What do you guys think?
Smiling for Jesus
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds