Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Interesting post on the 8th commandment

Interesting post on the 8th commandment 2 years 10 months ago #98293

• SGirven
  • Human. Writer. Latino. Photographer.
  • Thank you received: 245
Read this article...it makes you think..

Breaking The 8th Commandment - Fulcrum7

Discord: sgir.v#7196

IG: sgir.v

“We are not to deny the authority of the human senses and understanding, although weak, but rather furnish them with assistance.” -Sir Francis Bacon
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower

Interesting post on the 8th commandment 2 years 10 months ago #98312

I agree with the first two sections, but after that they're really playing mental gymnastics.
unnecessary complaining to others, whether done orally or in writing , such as complaining you are tired, hungry, have a headache, don’t like the weather [is stealing someone's time]

By that logic, if you try to make small talk and the other person isn't interested, you're stealing their time. They also claim taking breaks or relaxing at work is stealing company time. So if I don't practically sell my soul to the company I'm working for I'm sinning? I think I'll avoid the mental gymnastics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower, jGod8865, LolingforJesus

Interesting post on the 8th commandment 2 years 10 months ago #98328

• emmykitty
  • :)
  • Thank you received: 688
endershadow112 wrote:
I agree with the first two sections, but after that they're really playing mental gymnastics.
unnecessary complaining to others, whether done orally or in writing , such as complaining you are tired, hungry, have a headache, don’t like the weather [is stealing someone's time]

By that logic, if you try to make small talk and the other person isn't interested, you're stealing their time. They also claim taking breaks or relaxing at work is stealing company time. So if I don't practically sell my soul to the company I'm working for I'm sinning? I think I'll avoid the mental gymnastics.
also they said taking the little soaps from the hotel is stealing... most hotels encourage you to take the soaps when you leave; it's not like they're going to keep a half open bottle for the next people who are going to stay in there. Also that's really unsanitary...
.•♫•♬•Love is friendship set to music.•♫•♬•
#MAINEMMYS
The following user(s) said Thank You: jGod8865, LolingforJesus

Interesting post on the 8th commandment 2 years 10 months ago #98331

• emmykitty
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
#MAINEMMYS

Interesting post on the 8th commandment 2 years 10 months ago #98335

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 649
emmykitty wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:

also they said taking the little soaps from the hotel is stealing... most hotels encourage you to take the soaps when you leave; it's not like they're going to keep a half open bottle for the next people who are going to stay in there. Also that's really unsanitary...
Exactly
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)
The following user(s) said Thank You: emmykitty

Interesting post on the 8th commandment 2 years 10 months ago #98340

• jGod8865
  • BRUH
  • Thank you received: 547
emmykitty wrote:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I have no idea who they are
Communism is the best way to go.

Interesting post on the 8th commandment 2 years 10 months ago #98362

• honeyflower
  • navigating life with a carrot and a smile :)
  • Thank you received: 277
jGod8865 wrote:
emmykitty wrote:

Someone started it to discuss the more, weighty matters shall we say, of the SDA church. Some of the articles I can agree with, and some are downright outrageous. Others can be quite controversial like this one that SGirven shared.

People definitely get waaayyy outta hand on that site though, sometimes it's like watching an SDA sitcom. No lie.
Discord: Mykel#6578
Is my profile picture a work photo of me? Yes.

#guidesenior :P

#HONORARYEMMY

IG: morris.eliya
SC: honeyflower_16

Interesting post on the 8th commandment 2 years 10 months ago #98410

• SGirven
  • Human. Writer. Latino. Photographer.
  • Thank you received: 245
Okay, sure this article went a little too far. I never said that I agreed with it. I actually find Fulcrum7 to be a very valuable source of info. Totally agree with them on most things.

BTW, @emmykitty, was that the article about the Andrews student that bashed her professor on twitter? If so...what a joke she is...

Discord: sgir.v#7196

IG: sgir.v

“We are not to deny the authority of the human senses and understanding, although weak, but rather furnish them with assistance.” -Sir Francis Bacon

Interesting post on the 8th commandment 2 years 10 months ago #98426

• emmykitty
SGirven wrote:
Okay, sure this article went a little too far. I never said that I agreed with it. I actually find Fulcrum7 to be a very valuable source of info. Totally agree with them on most things.

BTW, @emmykitty, was that the article about the Andrews student that bashed her professor on twitter? If so...what a joke she is...
#MAINEMMYS

Interesting post on the 8th commandment 2 years 10 months ago #98430

• jGod8865
  • BRUH
honeyflower wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
emmykitty wrote:

Someone started it to discuss the more, weighty matters shall we say, of the SDA church. Some of the articles I can agree with, and some are downright outrageous. Others can be quite controversial like this one that SGirven shared.

People definitely get waaayyy outta hand on that site though, sometimes it's like watching an SDA sitcom. No lie.

ah, ok

Interesting post on the 8th commandment 2 years 10 months ago #98431

• jGod8865
  • BRUH
I just read the article. It was a bit much
The following user(s) said Thank You: endershadow112

Interesting post on the 8th commandment 2 years 9 months ago #98605

a few good points but a rather legalistic view IMO
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds