Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Well this isn't good...

Well this isn't good... 1 year 11 months ago #51815

So the other day, me being my observant self was looking through topics on the discussion board. I saw something that kinda disappointed me.
Most Guide users are Seventh Day Adventists, correct?
Which means we keep the Sabbath, right?
So why is it that the Sabbath stuff topic page has only a grand total of 76 topics(77 once this gets posted) whereas all the others are in the triple digits?
Not to mention the Totally Random topics page where the total topics are past triple digits and nearing 1200 topics and is now over 10 thousand replies.
smileygon10 made a previous topic similar to this, and she brought up a great point. Most Guide users get on guide on Sabbath. And considering that Totally Random topics is the most active, that means that more people talk about music, games, and other things as opposed to Sabbath stuff.
It is not my place to tell any one of you what to do, but as Seventh day Adventists, are we really setting a good example for others who may not believe?
Is it really best for us to speak of worldly things on the day of worship?
Im not saying we should avoid using guide in general but i do think its best if we avoid talking about some things that shouldn't be priority on Sabbath.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Quirky, sunnyside1, sekayi_101, Pyrrhic, lovenikki7

Well this isn't good... 1 year 11 months ago #51846

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1418
  • Thank you received: 1208
For the record, I did not mean to thank you.

Anyway, God, Faith, and the Bible has 270 topics, and Church has 158. Then there's Pathfinders with 123, Prayer Requests & Answers to Prayer with 144, and Real-Time Faith with 192. Combing all those categories with Sabbath Stuff adds up to 964 faith-based topics. The problem is virtually nonexistent.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999, Skite, Birdie500, Going4God, missionarykid, Mp137

Well this isn't good... 1 year 11 months ago #51898

  • Big al
  • Big al's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Posts: 410
  • Thank you received: 225
I hear what you are saying but as we talk about music and games and world events with Our Brothers and sisters we are being Brought Closer to Christ. Of course if that is how you feel maybe ever Sabbath come on and start a post of your Sabbath experience. I think it would be cool to see how church is run for all of us I am assuming we all have different Church services.
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God

Well this isn't good... 1 year 10 months ago #53413

  • endev15
  • endev15's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Follow me @endev15 on Instagram to learn about me.
  • Posts: 12
  • Thank you received: 5
I completely agree with you.

I went on the "Sabbath Chat Central" tonight, which to me, should be based on Sabbath topics. But instead, even with Uncle Andy there, it was just random conversation despite my efforts to change it to something like Bible 20 Questions or something. I think that a few of us who agree that this needs to change, should get on the chat room and start Bible games, etc... When I have time I am going to start my own live chat site directing towards these topics, but for now, the few of us that do believe there is a problem, need to try to start conversations that will start the change. From now on I am going to try and get on the chat room every Friday and Sabbath to start some sort of Bible topic.

By the way, what's your favourite Bible Character?
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyside1, missionarykid

Well this isn't good... 1 year 10 months ago #53458

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3549
  • Thank you received: 2911
i agree. For me, personally (emphasis on personally), i choose not to go on Guide on the Sabbath because I know i'll end up commenting on things that have nothing to do with God. At first i tried to convince myself to just stay on God, Faith, and the Bible; Sabbath Stuff and things relating to God, but after a while i'd drift over to maybe the Friends and Family, and them something in Totally Random Topics would catch my eye and before I know it, I'm commenting on the size of a basketball player's feet (that has never been a topic, i'm just giving an example as to how "non-godly" the topic is that i end up at). Soooo, yeah.

@endev15, my favorite bible person (i don't like saying "character" because to me that makes the bible sound more like a story book :pinch: ) is King David.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 1 year 10 months ago #53572

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
I don't know if you noticed, but the topics are revised and posted Friday. So there is really nothing to be done. They never come on Monday, or Thursday. It's Friday, and also Sabbath, but after that, the week is silent. So that's what I have to say.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid, SkeleBoy10, Mp137

Well this isn't good... 1 year 7 months ago #56143

  • maplesyruphotel9
  • maplesyruphotel9's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 130
Just sayin on Sabbath I always get on the ones like Sabbath Stuff, Church, Meet and Greet, Pathfinders, and What should I do?
So I only go on the other ones when Sabbath is over :dry:
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3
I love Kpop like My Sister On Guide: Minifat :D
BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: AnimalJammer09
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 1 year 5 months ago #57938

  • maplesyruphotel9
  • maplesyruphotel9's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 130
Also people might get on Totally Random Topics AFTER Sabbath so they can talk about other things..
We can't just assume they get on it on Sabbath.. :dry:
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3
I love Kpop like My Sister On Guide: Minifat :D
BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: AnimalJammer09
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 1 year 2 months ago #59835

  • mittens92999
  • mittens92999's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Posts: 627
  • Thank you received: 330
Skite wrote:
I don't know if you noticed, but the topics are revised and posted Friday. So there is really nothing to be done. They never come on Monday, or Thursday. It's Friday, and also Sabbath, but after that, the week is silent. So that's what I have to say.

I agree, it actually get's kind of annoying because when I go on during the week there is nothing new to comment on so I usually only come on Sabbath.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


-15 years old
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite, missionarykid

Well this isn't good... 1 year 2 months ago #59973

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
mittens92999 wrote:
Skite wrote:
I don't know if you noticed, but the topics are revised and posted Friday. So there is really nothing to be done. They never come on Monday, or Thursday. It's Friday, and also Sabbath, but after that, the week is silent. So that's what I have to say.

I agree, it actually get's kind of annoying because when I go on during the week there is nothing new to comment on so I usually only come on Sabbath.

But I am not kidding, the moderators, or whoever maintains Guide, releases the posts only over the weekend! That's the reason people! :S
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Well this isn't good... 1 year 2 months ago #60046

  • QuazaWizard941
  • QuazaWizard941's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love music!
  • Posts: 169
  • Thank you received: 62
InspiredThinker wrote:
For the record, I did not mean to thank you.

Anyway, God, Faith, and the Bible has 270 topics, and Church has 158. Then there's Pathfinders with 123, Prayer Requests & Answers to Prayer with 144, and Real-Time Faith with 192. Combing all those categories with Sabbath Stuff adds up to 964 faith-based topics. The problem is virtually nonexistent.

Hey but have you noticed how random and irrelevant some of the topics are?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 1 year 2 months ago #60054

  • IlikeEatingPi
  • IlikeEatingPi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm Gluten Free :(
  • Posts: 136
  • Thank you received: 45
2 things. First there are soo many things in the Totally Random topics page because people can't catigorise so they just put it there. Secondly, most of the things that are about the Sabbath are in the church catigory.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 11 months 2 weeks ago #62724

  • Peach1
  • Peach1's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Posts: 593
  • Thank you received: 86
SkeleBoy10 wrote:
endev15 wrote:
I completely agree with you.

I went on the "Sabbath Chat Central" tonight, which to me, should be based on Sabbath topics. But instead, even with Uncle Andy there, it was just random conversation despite my efforts to change it to something like Bible 20 Questions or something. I think that a few of us who agree that this needs to change, should get on the chat room and start Bible games, etc... When I have time I am going to start my own live chat site directing towards these topics, but for now, the few of us that do believe there is a problem, need to try to start conversations that will start the change. From now on I am going to try and get on the chat room every Friday and Sabbath to start some sort of Bible topic.

By the way, what's your favourite Bible Character?
I do agree but not all the way. Most of us go on the chats to catch up with friends and hang out, have a good time, so we talk about things that are good, like what did you do this week, or what is your favorite food?, stuff like that. We talk about things that are ok for sabbath but arent nececerily sabbath things.

Yeah. You can't do school work on Saturday because it's braking the Sabbath right? Right. But you need to learn education. So it's OK if we have random topics that isn't worldly things. Now star wars that's worldly things.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 11 months 2 weeks ago #62725

  • Peach1
  • Peach1's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Posts: 593
  • Thank you received: 86
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
Just sayin on Sabbath I always get on the ones like Sabbath Stuff, Church, Meet and Greet, Pathfinders, and What should I do?
So I only go on the other ones when Sabbath is over :dry:

So do i,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 11 months 2 weeks ago #62726

  • Peach1
  • Peach1's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Posts: 593
  • Thank you received: 86
Skite wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
Skite wrote:
I don't know if you noticed, but the topics are revised and posted Friday. So there is really nothing to be done. They never come on Monday, or Thursday. It's Friday, and also Sabbath, but after that, the week is silent. So that's what I have to say.

I agree, it actually get's kind of annoying because when I go on during the week there is nothing new to comment on so I usually only come on Sabbath.

But I am not kidding, the moderators, or whoever maintains Guide, releases the posts only over the weekend! That's the reason people! :S

What????? Why??! No fair! It needs to be released Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday night to Sabbath.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 11 months 2 days ago #64015

  • missionarykid
  • missionarykid's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
  • Posts: 802
  • Thank you received: 540
Peach1 wrote:
Skite wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
Skite wrote:
I don't know if you noticed, but the topics are revised and posted Friday. So there is really nothing to be done. They never come on Monday, or Thursday. It's Friday, and also Sabbath, but after that, the week is silent. So that's what I have to say.

I agree, it actually get's kind of annoying because when I go on during the week there is nothing new to comment on so I usually only come on Sabbath.

But I am not kidding, the moderators, or whoever maintains Guide, releases the posts only over the weekend! That's the reason people! :S

What????? Why??! No fair! It needs to be released Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday night to Sabbath.
I agree!! Mods, If you can hear me, can you please try to publish posts during the week because as @Skite and @mittens92999 said it gets boring over the week because there are no new posts. Please. :unsure: :( :( :( :( :S


Stverno is a FEMALE. I am a FEMALE too.

MINISTRY CHAT: us21.chatzy.com/67264006884418
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 10 months 4 weeks ago #64188

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3549
  • Thank you received: 2911
Reminder: the Mods have lives too. And our lives shouldn't revolve around Guide. No new posts up? Go do something else :S

Just my opinion ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

Well this isn't good... 10 months 4 weeks ago #64209

  • Cool Cat
  • Cool Cat's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Posts: 701
  • Thank you received: 224
waiting4salvation wrote:
So the other day, me being my observant self was looking through topics on the discussion board. I saw something that kinda disappointed me.
Most Guide users are Seventh Day Adventists, correct?
Which means we keep the Sabbath, right?
So why is it that the Sabbath stuff topic page has only a grand total of 76 topics(77 once this gets posted) whereas all the others are in the triple digits?
Not to mention the Totally Random topics page where the total topics are past triple digits and nearing 1200 topics and is now over 10 thousand replies.
smileygon10 made a previous topic similar to this, and she brought up a great point. Most Guide users get on guide on Sabbath. And considering that Totally Random topics is the most active, that means that more people talk about music, games, and other things as opposed to Sabbath stuff.
It is not my place to tell any one of you what to do, but as Seventh day Adventists, are we really setting a good example for others who may not believe?
Is it really best for us to speak of worldly things on the day of worship?
Im not saying we should avoid using guide in general but i do think its best if we avoid talking about some things that shouldn't be priority on Sabbath.

Look, it is good to talk about God, but that doesn't mean that it is the only thing we can talk about! I am disappointed on how people debate such nonexsisting issues. Let me correct myself. Not nonexsistant, but minor.
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 9 months 3 weeks ago #65822

  • missionarykid
  • missionarykid's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
  • Posts: 802
  • Thank you received: 540
Sometimes they have new posts here but we don't know because they don't put up the green thingy.


Stverno is a FEMALE. I am a FEMALE too.

MINISTRY CHAT: us21.chatzy.com/67264006884418
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Well this isn't good... 9 months 2 weeks ago #65967

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3549
  • Thank you received: 2911
missionarykid wrote:
Sometimes they have new posts here but we don't know because they don't put up the green thingy.


*Gasp* Is THAT what that green square is for????
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 9 months 1 week ago #66012

  • Birdie500
  • Birdie500's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No one understands my love for that horse smell...
  • Posts: 553
  • Thank you received: 311
Yeah...I sort of agree and disagree at the same time.

We should get rid of all distractions that will lead us away from honouring the Sabbath but not everything that is Sabbath appropriate is about the Sabbath, if you know what I mean?

Favourite Bible verses are, well, obviously ok to talk about on the Sabbath but they don't necessarily fit under the Sabbath category.

^^ As one example anyway

But.........if wandering into those places spiritually distracts you then it's best you stick with the opposite view's advice. :) :)
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings. XD
*
*
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high
Random lyrics in my signature cause I'm weird XD
----Channy----
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 9 months 1 week ago #66022

  • missionarykid
  • missionarykid's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
  • Posts: 802
  • Thank you received: 540
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Sometimes they have new posts here but we don't know because they don't put up the green thingy.


*Gasp* Is THAT what that green square is for????
Yeah. lol


Stverno is a FEMALE. I am a FEMALE too.

MINISTRY CHAT: us21.chatzy.com/67264006884418
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 9 months 1 week ago #66027

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Sometimes they have new posts here but we don't know because they don't put up the green thingy.


*Gasp* Is THAT what that green square is for????

*facepalm*
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 9 months 1 week ago #66107

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Posts: 971
  • Thank you received: 784
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Sometimes they have new posts here but we don't know because they don't put up the green thingy.


*Gasp* Is THAT what that green square is for????

*facepalm*


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well this isn't good... 9 months 1 week ago #66173

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3549
  • Thank you received: 2911
Lol guys give me a break! :lol: I didn't go through the Guide orientation like you did :P
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds