Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why read Ellen G White

Why read Ellen G White 2 years 6 months ago #46535

• sha-sha
  • Love pathfinders and adore books
  • Thank you received: 36
I have heard so many times in my life that I should read Ellen G whites books because they will help. But why half of you say that it has helped you so much but when I read it I feel so confused. Not one single word makes any sense to me. And if Ellen g white is meant to help me understand the bible how will I understand it if I can't understand the help
#Books
#my little pony
#schhol
#church
#pathfinders
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God

Why read Ellen G White 2 years 6 months ago #46540

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3061
There's something you need to understand about Ellen White and books in general. I'm gonna make a wild guess and say that if you, sha-sha, read, its mostly adventurous books or love stories or something, right? I use to be the same way. I'd eat up any book I could get my hands on and if wasn't exciting, I'd toss it. A lot of people have conditioned their brains to only enjoy fast pace books that don't require much thinking. Its kind of like "lazy reading" if you will. Sister White's books aren't good to read for "lazy reading". They aren't simply books that have a plot, then a climax, then a conclusion, and then you toss the book and look for the next one. They (her books) require much thought and active reading. This might sound like a scary task to the" lazy reader" but its necessary. And it won't be a quick process. After reading her books for awhile I have come to enjoy and understand them (did I tell you that I use to be a "lazy reader?). So the reason you aren't understanding them is probably because your brain is conditioned to only be satisfied with the watered down, "lazy reading" choices. You'll have to work hard to break that cycle, AND, if you truly want to understand what God is trying to reveal to us through His messenger, it would behoove you to cut out all of the "lazy reading" as well.

That's all I've got. Happy reading!

P.S. if you need something to start off with, try reading Messages to Young People. Its a great book. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tasha1507, sha-sha, BellaB

Why read Ellen G White 2 years 6 months ago #46678

• Blue Tornado
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 826
Pray for the Holy Spirit to help you understand. And if you don't want to read, please read 2 Chronicles 20:20.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, sha-sha

Why read Ellen G White 2 years 6 months ago #46831

• Mercylove
  • October 16th I'll remember forever.
  • Thank you received: 186
Ellen White has A TON of knowledge. She is also a very good example for us. Her books are a bit difficult to understand at times, so take it slow! I can guarantee you'll learn a lot!
Blessed Assurance! Jesus is mine!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tasha1507, sha-sha

Why read Ellen G White 2 years 6 months ago #46936

• smileygon10
  • Meow!
  • Thank you received: 126
I know many times Mrs. White's writings are really dull and don't make sense. They were written over 150 years ago, and she used old English and use run-on sentences.

On most of the EGW apps, you can find a folder that says "Modern English". At least it makes more sense if you're having trouble.
Smiling for Jesus
The following user(s) said Thank You: sha-sha

Why read Ellen G White 2 years 6 months ago #47007

• Tuftedtitmouse
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Thank you received: 70
Ellen white is the most interesting author I have EVER read (other than the Bible) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse

Why read Ellen G White 2 years 6 months ago #47358

• sha-sha
  • Love pathfinders and adore books
  • Thank you received: 36
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
Ellen white is the most interesting author I have EVER read (other than the Bible) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
But the Bible is made up of many authors
#Books
#my little pony
#schhol
#church
#pathfinders

Why read Ellen G White 2 years 3 months ago #49650

• Tuftedtitmouse
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Thank you received: 70
U get what I'm saying :blink: sorry if it confused you. Also her writings arnt dull, and in all the conflict of the ages series and more I haven't found a single run on sentence. Also long sentences arnt run ons :cheer: not trying to be mean :P
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse

Why read Ellen G White 1 year 8 months ago #57089

• mittens92999
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 348
When reading them you just have to take it slow. Try to understand every word in the sentence you read and think about everything you read. Over time you will start to enjoy them. :cheer:
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Why read Ellen G White 1 year 1 month ago #62579

• Peach1
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Thank you received: 86
Quirky wrote:
There's something you need to understand about Ellen White and books in general. I'm gonna make a wild guess and say that if you, sha-sha, read, its mostly adventurous books or love stories or something, right? I use to be the same way. I'd eat up any book I could get my hands on and if wasn't exciting, I'd toss it. A lot of people have conditioned their brains to only enjoy fast pace books that don't require much thinking. Its kind of like "lazy reading" if you will. Sister White's books aren't good to read for "lazy reading". They aren't simply books that have a plot, then a climax, then a conclusion, and then you toss the book and look for the next one. They (her books) require much thought and active reading. This might sound like a scary task to the" lazy reader" but its necessary. And it won't be a quick process. After reading her books for awhile I have come to enjoy and understand them (did I tell you that I use to be a "lazy reader?). So the reason you aren't understanding them is probably because your brain is conditioned to only be satisfied with the watered down, "lazy reading" choices. You'll have to work hard to break that cycle, AND, if you truly want to understand what God is trying to reveal to us through His messenger, it would behoove you to cut out all of the "lazy reading" as well.

That's all I've got. Happy reading!

P.S. if you need something to start off with, try reading Messages to Young People. Its a great book. :)

I agree Quirky, although I haven't read one of her books yet.....

Why read Ellen G White 1 year 1 month ago #62580

• Peach1
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Thank you received: 86
I heard a lot of people say, "EGW books are a lesser to the greater light. (The Bible)"
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds