Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ellen White

Ellen White 2 years 5 months ago #48031

• Greyowl
  • Thank you received: 23
janelldiggsGod wrote:
we as adventist don't believe in christmas right? But i have heard that Ellen G. White says that we should put up christmas trees and put presents under it for the poor. I mean whats up with that??????
OH! i didnt know that Adventists didnt belive in christmas
or do you mean that we dont believe in Santa Clause?????? :huh:
God has a plan for you.
This means that
no matter where you've been
no matter what youve done
no matter what others think of u
no matter what your home life is like
no matter what u think of yourself
no matter what your past is like
no matter what's happening in the present
Gods got a plan for u!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ellen White 2 years 5 months ago #48081

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3078
lol, i think we guide users just get hot under the collar easier than other people

silly Seventh Day Adventist :side:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Ellen White 2 years 4 months ago #48736

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1974
Quirky wrote:
Birdie500 wrote:
hold on... just because Christmas is on a Pagan holiday, doesn't mean we can't celebrate Christmas. My fam celebrates Christmas and in doing so we celebrate the coming of Messiah as a baby. Who cares about what the pagans think, we celebrate because we rejoice in Christ. Christmas is fun. It brings the whole family together

Okay, so with that mind set its okay to say that Sunday is the Sabbath. Who cares that the papacy was the one that changed it and totally usurped God's authority? We're celebrating the day that Christ rose from the dead so its okay!

=/

That's why Easter is a holiday...
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Re: Ellen White 2 years 4 months ago #48766

• deee133
  • I'M A TWIN
  • Thank you received: 41
page 472 is where it starts
"Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day"

Ellen White 2 years 4 months ago #48818

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
What? :huh:

Ellen White 2 years 4 months ago #48860

• Cool Cat
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Thank you received: 225
What is wrong with christmas??I know it originated from Aa pagan holiday,but christians and nonchristians celebrate it as christs birth.Ellen white is right.we should use christmas as an opportunity to reach out into the community.
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwi guy

Ellen White 2 years 4 months ago #49045

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Answer to Cool Cat's question: What's wrong with Christmas?

Christmas is a pagan holiday that has no connection to the birth of Christ whatsoever. Jesus was born in the spring, not in the winter time, and certainly not on December 26, a date used by pagans to celebrate the birth of the sun god, child birth (sound familiar?). There is no reason for us to celebrate Christmas, no commandment in scripture telling us to worship the birth of Christ. The only reason we celebrate this pagan holiday along with the world is because of human tradition. Our parents and our parent's parents and their parent's parents did, so we just keep the tradition going. The scary thing is that we're so trapped in human tradition that we are willing to trample on God's holy day just to open presents if Christmas falls on the Sabbath. A number of years ago our pastor joked that he'll shorten the sermon on Christmas so we can get to our presents sooner. "...Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." Mark 7:9. For goodness sakes we keep Christmas far better than we keep the Sabbath! It is a self centered, pagan-filled day that everyone celebrates. Yes we can share the love of Jesus, and we can definitly witness to others, but what's wrong with the other 364 days that we can't do the same thing as effectively? Christmas is a holiday created by Satan, inforced by the Catholics, and worshipped around the Globe by millions, young and old, rich and poor (do you guys know how many people break the bank just so that they can give unneeded presents to their kids?). So, Cool Cat, does that answer your question about what's wrong with Christmas?

Is there any one here willing to take a stand against human tradition, or do you guys want your new cell phone, Xbox, and $100 gift card to Macy's that badly? Anybody wanna serve God rather than mammon?

Re: Ellen White 11 months 1 week ago #66134

• Godloves11
  • My name is Nicole. I love Jesus, horses and dogs.
  • Thank you received: 13
FootPrints14 wrote:
SalvationLuv12, yes Ellen White doesn't know everything, but she says Christians can use Christmas as a time of remembering Jesus was born and He came to save us.And if you say that Christmas is absolutely out of question because of its pagan origins, you can't celebrate Easter because it also is a pagan drived holiday, it was to honor the god tamus(I think that's how you spell it)But Christians say that Jesus died then.But really Jesus died on Passover not in Easter.
I'm not trying to offend anyone just stating what I believe.
:) Karen :)

I agree. My family celebrates Christmas, but my family remembers it as a day to remember Jesus's birth. You know, we can make anything into bad/good. We could make make make haloween good/bad or Easter..etc
Jesus is coming soon! Are you ready? I am.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds