Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Ellen White

Ellen White 4 years 9 months ago #17551

we as adventist don't believe in christmas right? But i have heard that Ellen G. White says that we should put up christmas trees and put presents under it for the poor. I mean whats up with that??????
B) i got swagg
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: That Girl in the Corner

Re: Ellen White 4 years 9 months ago #18762

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3549
  • Thank you received: 2910
Ellen White has a segment about christmas in her book The Adventist home, starting on page 477. it says what you should do on christmas.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Quirky.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deee133, janelldiggsGod

Re: Ellen White 4 years 8 months ago #21190

some Adventists believe in Christmas. I DON'T!!! Ellen G. White didn't know all things. God had not yet revealed to her all truth. we believe Christmas is pagan. I researched Christmas trees, and actually the first "Christmas" tree was used my ancient Egyptians to celebrate their false sun god Ra!
"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."--1 Timothy 4:12
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ellen White 4 years 8 months ago #21227

christ mas is a rather disputed subject some dont celebrate at all others do in a different way and others celebrate it just like every one else with the same traditions
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Re: Ellen White 4 years 8 months ago #21228

oh and Ps i am among the group which doesnt celebrate cristmas at all because of its pagan origins as salvationluv12 said
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ellen White 4 years 8 months ago #21235

  • godsgreat
  • godsgreat's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • GODSKID
  • Posts: 296
  • Thank you received: 120
who says sda's don't believe in Christmas that's just crazy !!!! :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
I AM ..................AWESOME
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sportzgurl, JustMe, snow4me, Going4God, Joy, Mp137

Re: Ellen White 4 years 8 months ago #21296

SalvationLuv12,yes Ellen White doesn't know everything, but she says Christians can use Christmas as a time of remembering Jesus was born and He came to save us.And if you say that Christmas is absolutely out of question because if is pagan origins, you can't celebratory Easter because it also is a pagan drived holiday, it was to honer the god tamus(I think that's how you spell it)But christians say that Jesus died then.But really Jesus died on Passover not in Easter.
Im not trying to offend anyone just stating what I belive.
:) Karen :)
"Smile, it's free therapy."
Douglas Horton
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jesusROCKS1234, Sportzgurl, Quirky, volleyballgirl15, Skite, Mp137

Re: Ellen White 4 years 8 months ago #21363

i don't celebrate easter :) and i don't believe Jesus died then, either. i don't even celebrate passover. just lettin' ya know, FootPrints14 :)
"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."--1 Timothy 4:12
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ellen White 4 years 8 months ago #21441

okay first of all we all have our differnet point of view of what Christmas is so............?
What I believe:
That we should worship Jesus and be reminded of his birth adn spend time with our families.

What I don't believe:
Santa claus, presents and all the advertising they do.......
so theres my opinion :dry: :huh: :whistle:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sportzgurl

Re: Ellen White 4 years 7 months ago #22377

  • Bribree
  • Bribree's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 450
  • Thank you received: 158
I don't really celebrate Christmas. My family passes around presents, bake Christmas cookies, watch the Christmas parade, and call other relatives to say Merry Christmas.

But we don't have a tree. I used to not understand but now I do!!
;) GOD ♡ U ...... I ♡ U
;)~Bribree~ ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ellen White 4 years 6 months ago #24089

janelldiggsGod wrote:
we as adventist don't believe in christmas right? But i have heard that Ellen G. White says that we should put up christmas trees and put presents under it for the poor. I mean whats up with that??????

Where exactly did E.G.W say that?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Re: Ellen White 4 years 6 months ago #24111

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3549
  • Thank you received: 2910
@bribree

you just said you guys do most of the things that people do to celebrate christmas :dry: ...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ellen White 2 years 5 months ago #45553

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
God did not reveal everything to EGW, but when she did say about Christmas she said it because some fanatics were saying Christmas was pagan and you are not supposed to celebrate it. But she said to put up a Christmas tree and hang money for the poor on it if you want to and celebrate it as representing his birth, not actual birthday.
(Adventists don't not believe in Christmas )
Hope this helped
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ellen White 2 years 5 months ago #45728

  • Mercylove
  • Mercylove's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • October 16th I'll remember forever.
  • Posts: 424
  • Thank you received: 186
I think celebrating Christmas is right as long as you remember the true "reason for the season" Even though Christ wasn't really born on Christmas day. But, like others my family and I choose to celebrate It on that day, and as for the gifts and stuff that has been added by people. Especially store-owners who want to sell more. Christmas presents make for great money for stores! Lol, but anyway, that's what I think!
Blessed Assurance! Jesus is mine!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ellen White 2 years 5 months ago #45798

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3549
  • Thank you received: 2910
Birdie500 wrote:
hold on... just because Christmas is on a Pagan holiday, doesn't mean we can't celebrate Christmas. My fam celebrates Christmas and in doing so we celebrate the coming of Messiah as a baby. Who cares about what the pagans think, we celebrate because we rejoice in Christ. Christmas is fun. It brings the whole family together

Okay, so with that mind set its okay to say that Sunday is the Sabbath. Who cares that the papacy was the one that changed it and totally usurped God's authority? We're celebrating the day that Christ rose from the dead so its okay!




=/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ellen White 2 years 5 months ago #45881

  • smileygon10
  • smileygon10's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Meow!
  • Posts: 110
  • Thank you received: 126
OK, remember how Paul made a sermon out of something pagan? It's in Acts 17:22-31. Here's an excerpt from vs. 23.
for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:

TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.

Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you:

So you see, you can turn something "bad", into a lesson to teach people about God.

In the same way, you can use Christmas time (I'm not saying it's bad, it just has been secularized and turned into a holiday of marketing and advertising) to do something good: provide basic necessities for the poor!

And having a real, evergreen tree will freshen up the air in the house, too. :)
Smiling for Jesus
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Re: Ellen White 2 years 5 months ago #46087

  • Etuc3
  • Etuc3's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Jesus is my best freind
  • Posts: 100
  • Thank you received: 28
YES! YES! YES! I don't believe in santa claus either.... but i belive christmas is a time to remember christ ministry, life and when He came to die for our sins.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Ellen White 2 years 5 months ago #46397

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3549
  • Thank you received: 2910
I totally agree with almost everything you said Birdie :lol: I just went back and read what Sister White said about Christmas and it was pretty much what you said about giving to the poor and sharing the gospel on Christmas. What you wrote was beautiful (even though one could see it as coming across as being harsh) and I agree that Christmas should be a time to reflect on the birth of Christ and all that he has done for us. While celebrating Christmas isn't essential to our salvation, it is a great time to witness to others. I'm only against all of the superficial-y stuff like buying presents that no one needs and stuff. Thanks for sharing you opinion with me. The way you put made me think more about how I actually feel about Christmas. :cheer:



Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ellen White 2 years 4 months ago #46634

  • Birdie500
  • Birdie500's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No one understands my love for that horse smell...
  • Posts: 553
  • Thank you received: 311
Oops. Sorry quirky about the exclamation marks. My computer has a funny habit of autocorrecting the end of sentences into exclamation marks :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings. XD
*
*
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high
Random lyrics in my signature cause I'm weird XD
----Channy----
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ellen White 2 years 4 months ago #46635

  • Birdie500
  • Birdie500's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No one understands my love for that horse smell...
  • Posts: 553
  • Thank you received: 311
oh and btw my caps lock plays up too so ignore capitalised words. Sorry if it came across harsh. It's just my dumb keyboard :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings. XD
*
*
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high
Random lyrics in my signature cause I'm weird XD
----Channy----
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ellen White 2 years 4 months ago #47391

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3549
  • Thank you received: 2910
Lol no prob Birdie. We're still cool right?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ellen White 2 years 3 months ago #47688

  • Birdie500
  • Birdie500's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No one understands my love for that horse smell...
  • Posts: 553
  • Thank you received: 311
Yeah! Of course! ;) ;) ;)
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings. XD
*
*
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high
Random lyrics in my signature cause I'm weird XD
----Channy----
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Ellen White 2 years 3 months ago #47786

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
Birdie500 wrote:
and btw quirky, u are talking about God's law when u refer to that example! Christmas and God's law...well...God's law doesn't say "Don't celebrate Christmas" however it say "Keep the Sabbath holy"


Christmas is also the opportunity to share the news with other people. Easter and Christmas are pretty much the only Christian celebration no Christians celebrate which gives us the perfect opportunity!

Christmas CAN be celebrated without Santa and toys or whatever.



I'm an Adventist.. I believe in Christmas. Ellen White is also did say Hang up a tree and money ect. Ummm does it say there that....Christmas is wrong? That is practically celebrating Christmas. And Ellen did celebrate Christmas. Some say God didn't reveal everything to Ellen but I'm sure if she was doing something he wasn't pleased with, he would have told her eg celebrating Christmas. I'm pretty sure God didn't complain to Ellen about that...


You didn't take me wrong on this one did u right? I hope ? :( :( :( :(
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ellen White 2 years 3 months ago #47797

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
Quirky wrote:
Birdie500 wrote:
hold on... just because Christmas is on a Pagan holiday, doesn't mean we can't celebrate Christmas. My fam celebrates Christmas and in doing so we celebrate the coming of Messiah as a baby. Who cares about what the pagans think, we celebrate because we rejoice in Christ. Christmas is fun. It brings the whole family together

Okay, so with that mind set its okay to say that Sunday is the Sabbath. Who cares that the papacy was the one that changed it and totally usurped God's authority? We're celebrating the day that Christ rose from the dead so its okay!




=/

No, with that mindset it isn't ok to say Sunday is the Sabbath. God specifically says Saturday is Sabbath. We celebrate the day Christ rose from the dead on Easter by the way.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God

Ellen White 2 years 3 months ago #47859

  • Birdie500
  • Birdie500's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No one understands my love for that horse smell...
  • Posts: 553
  • Thank you received: 311
have I just caused an argument???????? oh no! Pleeze don't take me wrong guys! It was just my opinion! @Tuftedtitmouse no no no its ok
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings. XD
*
*
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high
Random lyrics in my signature cause I'm weird XD
----Channy----
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuftedtitmouse
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds