BECOME A MEMBER
NEW! CHANGE BACKGROUND
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Second Service Christian Rock

Second Service Christian Rock 2 years 1 month ago #5530

• 11lora
  • Thank you received: 12
Our church has a second service, but it is christian rock. Most of our church now attends the second service and skips the traditional service. The older people do not approve of the second service because it is loud and they use drums. I attend the first service but I miss the people that attend the second service now. What should we do so that our church is not so divided?

-11lora
11lora
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Second Service Christian Rock 2 years 1 month ago #5624

• trio3
  • NOW ONLINE
  • ...that guy over there? O_O
  • Thank you received: 407
Well christian rock is as bad as regular rock so it shouldn't be in the church anyways.

What you should do is talk to your parents how you feel and then with your parents backup (if they do back you up) you talk to the pastor about it. Hope this helps:)
Just walking....into a hole
The following user(s) said Thank You: SDAhorseGirl

Re: Second Service Christian Rock 2 years 4 weeks ago #5651

I admit that the second service sounds interesting, but I agree that having your church divided is sad. Our church did two services for a while but it didn't really work out, it only complicated things. With some churches it's necessary because they have too many members for them all to be at one service. Unfortunately there isn't really anything you can do..... I guess maybe you could go to both services.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 40daysoffasting

Re: Second Service Christian Rock 2 years 4 weeks ago #5674

I listen to Christian rock, and I have listened to regular rock music, and the Christian rock has cleaner words, so in a way, Christian rock is good. my church has 2 services to. The first service has songs from the hymnal. And it is more traditional. the 2 service has contemporary Christian music, and appeals more to the younger people in church who don't like hymns and who don't like waking up early in the morning.

p.s. when they made the second service, a small portion of the church left to create their own. they are in a rivalry with us now.

p.p.s. they split because of underlying reasons, (e.g. the treasurer stole most of the money in the treasury)

p.p.p.s. i am listening to Christian rock at this very moment!!! B) :cheer: :P
rosie ;)
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by 40daysoffasting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rel96stradivarius

Re: Second Service Christian Rock 2 years 4 weeks ago #5772

• trio3
  • NOW ONLINE
  • ...that guy over there? O_O
  • Thank you received: 407
discipline! we need holy discipline!
Just walking....into a hole

Re: Second Service Christian Rock 2 years 2 weeks ago #6668

• 11lora
  • Thank you received: 12
Thank you for replying and for the advice.
-11lora
11lora
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds
Where Christian kids have fun! GuideMagazine.org is a ministry of Guide magazine, a Christian story magazine for children published by
the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Guide publishes nonfiction stories that show children ages 10-14 how to walk with God now and forever.