Privacy Policy
BECOME A MEMBER
NEW! CHANGE BACKGROUND
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why can't we were jewelry in church

Re: Why can't we were jewelry in church 2 years 2 months ago #1794

• Wintergirl
  • Uh.. Wanna listen to music with me? :)
  • Thank you received: 158
Lol Daze that's funny :lol:
NeverLetDown~A.W.K.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Why can't we were jewelry in church 2 years 2 months ago #1808

i desagrree with tat Berrygirl13 cuz for me its not tht it isn't that bad it is completley bad
Breaks rules, Go crazy, Go beyond limits and Be Happy.

Re: Why can't we were jewelry in church 2 years 2 months ago #1827

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 405
Why are you so serious about it? The ring doesn't even have to be real gold. Besides, God doesn't have anything against jewelry, you know. Heaven is decked with jewels! He just doesn't want us wearing jewelry because we use it to draw attention to ourselves.
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."

Re: Why can't we were jewelry in church 2 years 2 months ago #1873

• terrier
  • Thank you received: 51
Personally I have never been big on jewelry. However, my parents when I was a baby created a pendant that symbolized how special they regarded me (nooo i'm normal just like everyone else!). That would then for me be something I'd wear. Why? Because it has symbolism. Just the same are wedding rings. It meant to be a 'visible' devotion to his/her spouse. Though it changes it's meaning when the ring is flaunted or showy. I guess the thing about jewelry in the church comes from drawing attention to ones' self rather than praise to God. But I don't see it as a problem if someone wears a few pieces. :)
Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain. <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13

Re: Why can't we were jewelry in church 2 years 2 months ago #1890

reaad isaiah 3:16-24
Breaks rules, Go crazy, Go beyond limits and Be Happy.

Re: Why can't we were jewelry in church 2 years 2 months ago #2065

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 405
I don't know about anyone else, but I've already made my point, and don't want to argue about this anymore. (This is starting to become like the "dress code" issue.) The bottom line is:God doesn't want us to wear jewelry because by doing so we are drawing attention to ourselves, making it a form of PRIDE. The wedding ring, however, is symbolic, and is just a way of showing other people that you belong to your spouse. It's just that nowadays they are too flashy, and are no different from regular jewelry. I don't have much against people who wear wedding rings, as long as they aren't prideful about them. That's it!
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
Where Christian kids have fun! GuideMagazine.org is a ministry of Guide magazine, a Christian story magazine for children published by
the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Guide publishes nonfiction stories that show children ages 10-14 how to walk with God now and forever.