Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where are the Leaders????

Where are the Leaders???? 1 year 11 months ago #2138

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 398
It seems like church members are some of the worst examples in the world. They are such hypocrites! People are always talking bad about the young people and how they get into so much trouble, but they're not the REAL problem. It's the elders that sit in the pews every Sabbath morning, listen to a powerful sermon, and then come home doing the same old bad stuff they've done before that need a revival. How are we youth supposed to know what's right if the people aren't even worth looking up to? I'm talking about OLD people, folks! The people who have been walking with the Lord for donkey years, seen miracles, help build up churches, encourage others to do the right thing, and been through thick and thin. The people who come to prayer meeting every night, pray for others to be healed, when THEY need spiritual healing themselves. It's sad, but true! Sometimes the kind of people you think are strongest in their faith are actually the weakest. :( This reminds me of a sermon I heard that talks about how Solomon was old & wise, yet still went down the wrong path. The message was that you're never too old to turn back on God. If it could have to the WISEST man in the world, it could happen to you, me, and other church members, as well.

Now, I'm not trying to scare you, leave the church, or even disrespect the church leaders. I just wanted to make you all aware that sometimes people aren't really who they say they are. Church members aren't perfect, and sometimes have just as many problems as a non-believer. However, we shouldn't let their downfalls discourage us. We just have to stand strong in our faith, follow what we KNOW is right, and let GOD be our true leader. :)
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AH12

Re: Where are the Leaders???? 1 year 11 months ago #2331

I agree. I'm sick of the way things are at my church. One time I got in trouble from a church elder because I was talking to his daughter! And it was no love talk we were talking about spring and summer! I was so mad about that I almost quit going to church.
~ ♥ Miles ♥ ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13

Re: Where are the Leaders???? 1 year 11 months ago #2382

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 646
definitely, sometimes church members are afraid of change and as a pastors son i've seen a lot of that. luckily our church at the moment is very supportive of the young people.

Re: Where are the Leaders???? 1 year 10 months ago #2948

• Daze
  • In posts I am a Supercentenarian
  • Thank you received: 282
We really have to remember that the Devil is going to do most he can to make as many people as he can go to hell, sadly this means that will most likely see him working in the very place where God's people are.
The law of God, enshrined within the ark, was the great rule of righteousness and judgment. That law pronounced death upon the transgressor; but above the law was the mercy seat, upon which the presence of God was revealed, and from which, by virtue of the atonement, pardon was granted to the...
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13, bemiskid1223

Re: Where are the Leaders???? 1 year 10 months ago #3070

this is very true like for instance my grandma thinks that the games on the guide web on sabbath are evil! old folks need to respect young people and our music my grandma thinks casting crowns is like punk rock with changed lyrics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OLD PEOPLE GET THE POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XD jamesbond003424

Re: Where are the Leaders???? 1 year 10 months ago #3235

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 709
OK everyone........I'm not going to say anything except that I think this topic is becoming quite predjudice towards older people and such. remember how in the Bible the 2 bears came and attacked the children who were making fun of God's prophet? and in Proverbs 16:31 it says The hoary head (elderly person) is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness. And in Levitcus 19:32 it says Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD. In other words, we need to be much more respectful of elderly people, than even I am. So.....please make sure we are kind and considerate to others!
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, terrier, Hadassa, tim33, Godsadvicegiver12

Re: Where are the Leaders???? 1 year 10 months ago #3415

• terrier
  • Thank you received: 51
Young people look up to their elders and either, 1) criticize or, 2) praise.
1) It's easy to point fingers at others when you have not even considered ourselves. We need to look deeper into why some elders are two different people on Sabbath, than at their homes. How many have gone through tough times, lost God and need to find Him again? When they are too proud to admit their lack of God?! We need to pray for them and help them to come closer to God.
2)As DaughterofGod said: "And in Levitcus 19:32 it says Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD." The elderly have wisdom - this wisdom must be compared to God's word. If it does not harmonize then I believe it should not be heeded. God uses people of all ages to witness for him, even sometimes that old woman... :)
Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain. <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, DaughterOfGod13

Re: Where are the Leaders???? 1 year 10 months ago #3563

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 398
Please don't misinterpret what I'm trying to say here. I'm not trashing old people or condemning them. I'm just saying that some of them have rejected God so many times in their life, their hearts have become hardened. They become hypercritical, obnoxious, cold, unsympathetic, wicked and selfish. By the way, Im not being judgmental or prejudice. This is something that I've seen with my own eyes happen in the church, and it's one of the scariest things I've ever witnessed. Praying for them helps, but sometimes even prayer isn't the answer. It's their personal choice.
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."

Re: Where are the Leaders???? 1 year 10 months ago #3586

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 709
Hey BerryGirl13, and I wasn't condeming you either :P no I wasn't exactly pointing my advice at you :) Yes, and I'm sure a lot of older people think the same way about us upstarts :P lolz have a great day!
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!

Re: Where are the Leaders???? 1 year 10 months ago #3593

little kidz shouldent be criticizing the leaders
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds
Where Christian kids have fun! GuideMagazine.org is a ministry of Guide magazine, a Christian story magazine for children published by
the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Guide publishes nonfiction stories that show children ages 10-14 how to walk with God now and forever.