BECOME A MEMBER
NEW! CHANGE BACKGROUND
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where are the Adventist Youth?

Where are the Adventist Youth? 2 years 1 month ago #120

• Bluechemistry
  • For me, the soul of music is the violin.
  • Thank you received: 6
It seems like nowadays the only people sitting in the pews are elderly people waiting to go to heaven. What happened to all the young people? How can we bring them back into the church? :(
"I hope that you will rely on God's love to help you turn large problems into little ones and little ones into nothing at all."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Where are the Adventist Youth? 2 years 1 month ago #125

• happygirl11234
  • just me, nothing else
  • Thank you received: 160
i will give you a hint....its called music. :lol: get young people together who have instrumental talent and have them remake some christan songs (not the lyrics of course, but maybe the key or how it's played, etc.) also, get those creative writers together and let them try preaching to the congregation! i'm sure that those people have as much to say on God's word as the pastor does, and it will be refreshing to see their point of view.
Live life~Laugh often~Love food~Play music~Work hardest
Give me a reason to laugh, and I will. But you don't need to give me a reason to share God's word.
:D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faithful2Godme, Bluechemistry

Re: Where are the Adventist Youth? 2 years 1 month ago #134

• Daze
  • In posts I am a Supercentenarian
  • Thank you received: 282
Yeah i know what you are saying i live in florida where alot of elderly people live so there is even more of that in my church. My church used to have alot of kids but the kids that use to come were not really christian at all and did a lot of bad stuff, but now they recently moved so they don't come anymore. Now we only have two kids in our whole church but one says that he doesn't believe in god and he doesn't keep the Sabbath and the other is okay but doesn't seem to be interested in spiritual things.But hey that is just my church and back to your question yes what you are saying is true there is a lack of youth but it may kinda depend on where you live if you want to bring more youth into the church you should invite friends from school, have an outreach program in your church or have some kinds youth rally that will attract kids of various backgrounds. Yes the church is in crisis many kids are leaving the church when they grow-up and face harship later on in their life and have nobody to turn to :( , but we as Christians do and should let Christ use us as an instrument for his handiwork.
The law of God, enshrined within the ark, was the great rule of righteousness and judgment. That law pronounced death upon the transgressor; but above the law was the mercy seat, upon which the presence of God was revealed, and from which, by virtue of the atonement, pardon was granted to the...
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13, Bluechemistry

Re: Where are the Adventist Youth? 2 years 1 month ago #137

• fillylove
  • Thank you received: 83
hmm, lots of churches seem to have that problem, thankfully I go to a church that has lots of kids my age and younger. I think one reason kids dont go to church is that many churches are trying to reach older people, and dont target youth. If churches were to have some sabbaths where the music is less hymns and some popular worship music more kids might be interested in coming. another reason is I think many kids feel they will be judged or not accepted by the church or that churches have too many rules to follow. another reason is many kids get busy with school and slowly push God out of their lives. Having events specifically for youth (like youth rallys or sabbath school parties) can attract people who will then be more likely to come to church.
Katie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bluechemistry

Re: Where are the Adventist Youth? 2 years 1 month ago #149

Blurchemistry, since u answered my question, I will answer yours. I know, my church only has like, 5 children. Maybe children just (so sad but... :( ) don't want to go to church because maybe they would rather hang out with friends then worship God with their brothers and sisters in a holy place! :dry: :dry: Hope that answers your question!

Re: Where are the Adventist Youth? 2 years 1 month ago #165

• Chipmunk
  • Live Love Laugh
  • Thank you received: 2
Well in my opinion, youth like myself aren't as involved in the church because the leaders always target adults and make things for adults. We need something that can capture the interest of both age groups. Like in music we could have both contemporary and hymnial music presented. It's really all a matter of compromise. :side:
~ Peace <3 :)
Chipmunk

Re: Where are the Adventist Youth? 2 years 1 month ago #197

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 647
I think that the church needs to involve the kids in the service and make them a part of the church. get them involved. I am so thankful that my church has included me and the rest of the young people in involving us in speaking and music.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, sakura, Bluechemistry

Re: Where are the Adventist Youth? 2 years 3 weeks ago #508

• maasai
  • sweet
  • Thank you received: 12
well A Y is for the youth and without us how could there be the next generation.well since ay is for the youth try to make it B) .cause music is B) i honestly love music .so maybe they dont come cause it boring maybe they think its regular church but its not we have to try to make it B) .that is my point
how cute are these bunny
:*

Re: Where are the Adventist Youth? 2 years 2 weeks ago #655

• sakura
  • Never give up! Fight for what you believe in!
  • Thank you received: 70
Im young & i know that the traditional hymns that are song make me bored and sleepy. A way will be to change the key of the songs & sing songs that are not hymns but Christians by contemporary artists because then we young people can like the music & listening to the lyrics (Such as Chris tomlin , casting crowns,[ I listen to K-Love and it has great songs that even my nonchristian friends say are good] )A way that could bring youth to church is to do more activities for youth and not just having to be in church every Sabbath. I love pathfinders because we go out camping and do stuff. Maybe plan a trip to a place where the church leaders and youth can spend time together. Also DONT MAKE THE SERMONS BORING!!! Because so many times I have listen to pastors or preachers preach sermons that put me to sleep because they are boring. Make them funny (look at Pastor Rojas he preaches in a way that we can understand and makes us laugh & gets the message across to us)!! My church has many youth but all they do is sit and don't like to participate so create events that attract youth and if possible make it open to the community so they can come with their friends. Thats my advice from what I feel and see. Hope it helps. Dont make every Sabbath or prayer day be sitting in church listening to boring sermons and the old hymns that put us to sleep. MAKE IT NEW & UNIQUE & DIFFERENT! MAKE IT TO BE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENS IS THAT THE SERVICES ARE ACCORDING TO THE ADULTS TASTES AND THEY FORGET THE WE THE YOUTH THINK DIFFERENT AS WE ARE A DIFFERENT GENERATION! :)

Re: Where are the Adventist Youth? 2 years 2 weeks ago #656

• sakura
  • Never give up! Fight for what you believe in!
  • Thank you received: 70
Yup because I know that when involved it makes you feel like you want to go. (I dont like all the traditional old hymns but like it when new contemporary christian songs are song because they do not put me to sleep.)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Where Christian kids have fun! GuideMagazine.org is a ministry of Guide magazine, a Christian story magazine for children published by
the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Guide publishes nonfiction stories that show children ages 10-14 how to walk with God now and forever.