BECOME A MEMBER
NEW! CHANGE BACKGROUND
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Arguments on the Discussion Board

Arguments on the Discussion Board 2 years 2 months ago #2698

• rwhitaker
  • Thank you received: 95
Recently some CyberClub members have been discussing controversial topics in a rather heated way. A couple people received a one-week "time out" because of too many rude or unkind comments toward other users.

I'm writing this to remind everyone to keep your posts respectful and avoid personal attacks. If you find yourself disagreeing strongly with something that someone else said, you might even want to wait a day before you reply, so that you can cool down first instead of shooting off the first shocked or angry response that comes to your mind. Remember, being right isn't an excuse for being mean!

Here's a Bible passage to keep in mind:
"When you talk, do not say harmful things, but say what people need--words that will help others become stronger. Then what you say will do good to those who listen to you. . . . Do not be bitter or angry or mad. Never shout angrily or say things to hurt others. Never do anything evil. Be kind and loving to each other" (Ephesians 4:29-32, NCV).

Thanks for thinking about this!
Rachel Whitaker, Guide Associate Editor
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Arguments on the Discussion Board 2 years 2 months ago #2707

• Gogirl
  • Hi you guys!
  • Thank you received: 157
Yes I notice that they don't talk Godly things I'm trying to quiet them down abit but it doesn't work........so I erase what nonGodly things they are talking about :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13, Godsadvicegiver12

Re: Arguments on the Discussion Board 2 years 2 months ago #2722

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 405
Yes, ever since the arguments over dress standards the Guide website just hasn't been the same. This should be a friendly Christian community, not a boxing ring. I hope whoever has been causing havoc will cool down, so that peace may be restored.:(
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daze, Gogirl

Re: Arguments on the Discussion Board 1 year 9 months ago #12059

• Emerl2
  • Thank you received: 126
sorry.

Re: Arguments on the Discussion Board 1 year 9 months ago #12286

Yes, that is true. I think that things are calming down a bit though... Actully a lot.
GOD BLESS!!!
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds
Where Christian kids have fun! GuideMagazine.org is a ministry of Guide magazine, a Christian story magazine for children published by
the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Guide publishes nonfiction stories that show children ages 10-14 how to walk with God now and forever.