|
Contact Us
|
Privacy Policy
BECOME A MEMBER
NEW! CHANGE BACKGROUND
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear?

What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1186

• Gissy
  • Isaiah 40:30-31
  • Thank you received: 31
Hi everyone.
I know that this isn't exactly a guy/girl relationship question, but I'm still quite interested.
Guys and Girls: what kind of clothes do you think are appropriate for us girls to wear? I know that it seems as if there's too much of talk on this subject. But, as a girl, I know how hard it is for us to dress nicely without being immodest.
So if you have any questions or answers or ideas... this would be an awesome place to do it.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Gissy
:D :D Keep God At Heart and Mind!
The topic has been locked.

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1218

• Daze
  • In posts I am a Supercentenarian
  • Thank you received: 289
Well definetly not the clothes you avatar is wearing :lol: ! Anyways yeah most of the clothes companies are making nowadays are totally not for Christians (neither are they made by them)! I think a girl should wear a skirt below her knees a shirt with sleeves and nothing that exposes cleavage! I once actually had a thread started by berry on skinny jeans, I think they are in inappropriate because they show the 'shape' of the girls lower body which is pretty arousing to boys, many people disagreed though arguing that it is not a requirement of salvation. Which is true but still doesn't gives anyone (even boys) any right to wear them. For a guy now I think he should such T-shirt (nothing exposing to much chest though in public) some jeans (not skinny looks nasty on boys actually) and nothing that's unisex (or those clothes that departments stores say are both for boys and girls) :S .
The law of God, enshrined within the ark, was the great rule of righteousness and judgment. That law pronounced death upon the transgressor; but above the law was the mercy seat, upon which the presence of God was revealed, and from which, by virtue of the atonement, pardon was granted to the...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gissy, AbigailGodgirl, 13and lovingit, Sportzgurl, DukeHelton, bush possum

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1225

• Wintergirl
  • Uh.. Wanna listen to music with me? :)
  • Thank you received: 158
For girls, you know just wear a shirt(or dress or whatever) that actually covers what's supposed to be covered. And don't wear shorts or a skirt that lets your butt hang out.

For guys, wear some pants that actually fit you and don't sag them all the way down to the backs of your knees. :P
NeverLetDown~A.W.K.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daze, BerryGirl13, Gogirl, InspiredThinker, HorsesRgreat, sakura, George4296, Hadassa, 13and lovingit, 40daysoffasting and this user have 2 others thankyou

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1603

• Gissy
Hi, Daze!
LOL. That's the first that came into my mind when I read your first sentence. :cheer: (the reason I like this avatar is because of the surfboard, :) )
Anyway, I agree with a lot of what you say. Proper shirts for girls are very important, I think. Some skinny jeans, in my opinion, are OK, because I have a pear that aren't as tight as most skinny jeans. But on boys, I agree, they look totally gross.
I don't know about the skirts past the knee. You have a point, but most of the skirts I wear (and that I see at church) are right at the knee or maybe an inch above. But I do agree that short skirts aren't that great. At least for me, they are SO uncomfortable.

Thanks for comment!
~Gissy
The following user(s) said Thank You: 13and lovingit, 40daysoffasting

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1630

• nike
  • Thank you received: 6
Bottom line is: Wear what's comfortable to wear, both in terms of fit and just what's comfortable to you to wear. No need to dress by a standard you don't believe in or hold yourself. Just be yourself is all I'm saying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, $ummertime$adne$$, 13and lovingit, 40daysoffasting

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1706

GIRLS:wear watever jeans and tshirts tat you feel most comfrtable with (some girls calves are relly weird they should double think when to wear skiny jeans)

Guys:i hv to say that most of u guys look cute with skinny jeans or otherwise the normal black or gray jeans that r strait jeans u guys look cute with those too :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

didint God made us to attract guys too :kiss:
Breaks rules, Go crazy, Go beyond limits and Be Happy.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by $ummertime$adne$$.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 12345wewew, Penelope009

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1712

• Daze
I disagree there is a standard for practical everything, the seventh-day Adventists life is one of reform (please don't go soft on me now ppl...)! We are living in the last days and a part of our duty and message as reformers is dressing a particular way (it is a part of our witness) like the Waldenses!
The law of God, enshrined within the ark, was the great rule of righteousness and judgment. That law pronounced death upon the transgressor; but above the law was the mercy seat, upon which the presence of God was revealed, and from which, by virtue of the atonement, pardon was granted to the...
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, bush possum

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1713

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 405
I strongly disagree. There are a lot of clothes that I would feel comfortable wearing, but because of the dress code for SDAs, I don't wear most of them.
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gissy, 40daysoffasting, bush possum

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1735

I think that boys and girls should wear shorts that are at least to the knees, (or just above) pants that aren't tight in the croch or the hind end, and shirts that aren't low-cut. That is my opoinin
GOD BLESS!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gissy, 40daysoffasting, bush possum, Mercylove

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1745

• Daze
:lol: you make wearing those bad kind of shorts sound very
painful painolover!!!
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Daze. Reason: error

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1772

hehe, Daze. I like your avatar!
GOD BLESS!!!

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1776

lets not to dress like old ladies :silly: :silly:
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :kiss: :kiss:
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by $ummertime$adne$$. Reason: somebody felt ofendes by it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, 40daysoffasting

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1786

• BerryGirl13
rosbesax4j, there is nothing old-fashioned about dressing appropriately. My mother didn't wear tight jeans and sleeveless shirts when she was a young teen, and she didn't have to. In fact, that is one of the things my dad liked about her, and he is a very handsome man with good christian morals. I wear dresses, and I prefer them. I don't have to dress all showy for boys to like me. God can give me a husband just the way I am.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gissy, bush possum

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1805

well berrygirl13 i guess you will marry at 40 :kiss: Just kidding
if u dont have nice body dont try dressing sexy :P :P :P
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by wwilliams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 40daysoffasting, CoolDude

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1813

• Gissy
I half agree with you. But, I think that the way that us girls should attract guys is 99% by our personalities and being ourselves, and 1% looks. (Maybe not THAT exaggerated, but to be mostly personality and character and only a little bit looks. That doesn't mean we can't comb our hair and stuff :) because that's just hygene. I just think that we shouldn't wear clothes that would make guys look twice when we're walking down the street.
That's just my opinion, I hope I didn't offend anyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hadassa, SDAhorseGirl, 40daysoffasting

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1815

no wonder y u put tht AvAtAr
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1817

• Gissy
The reason I put this avatar was because I like all things about surfing, and I thought it'd be weird if I put the one with the guy in it, so I chose this one. :)

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1818

• Gissy
I still mean everything I say, ;) :)
I hope you like my new avatar :lol:
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Gissy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Godsadvicegiver12

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1819

• Gissy
I love your parents story :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1820

• Gissy
I hope you like my new avatar :) ;) :lol:

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1821

irght at least i wont dress like an old fashoned girl
-
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by wwilliams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 40daysoffasting

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1825

• BerryGirl13
Excuse me, rosbesox4j, but I find your comment offensive. Just because I don't wear jeans or tight clothes doesn't mean I don't have a good-looking body. I was made in the image of God, and I am beautiful regardless of what boys think of me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daze, HorsesRgreat, pugjko, terrier, Hadassa, tim33, AbigailGodgirl, 06ShyWolf, Sportzgurl, Godsadvicegiver12 and this user have 1 others thankyou

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1826

• BerryGirl13
You know guys, we can't just dress anyway we want, even if our parents don't give us restrictions. As members of the Seventh-day Adventist church, we have a duty to be reformers.
We can't be dressing like people of the world. Remember, we have a higher calling than they do. Our goal is to be a witness, not competing to see who has the latest fashion, or who's wearing the best jeans. Now, I'm not saying that you have to dress like Ellen White, but you should at least learn from her. I'm also not saying that you're going to hell if you don't dress right. I'm just trying to say that God doesn't just care about how we are on the inside, but the outside as well.

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1830

BerryGirl13, I like your boldness!!! I totally agree with you .
GOD BLESS!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, bush possum, Mercylove

Re: What kind of clothes should Adventist girls wear? 2 years 3 months ago #1833

• Gissy
Amen to that, BerryGirl13!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, Hadassa, bush possum
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Where Christian kids have fun! GuideMagazine.org is a ministry of Guide magazine, a Christian story magazine for children published by
the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Guide publishes nonfiction stories that show children ages 10-14 how to walk with God now and forever.