|
Contact Us
|
Privacy Policy
BECOME A MEMBER
NEW! CHANGE BACKGROUND
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Are we allowed to play games on Sabbath?

Re: Are we allowed to play games on Sabbath? 2 years 4 months ago #3686

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 675
I think we have to be careful not to make the Sabbath a bunch of rules like the pharisee did, but i agree with daze. I think there are better things to do on the Sabbath than play games. We should be focussed on God and what he would want us to do, that is why i really like getting out in nature or witnessing in some way on Sabbath, If we don't do something focused on God than we will be much more likely to think the Sabbath is boring and explore the boundaries God gave us for our own good.

God Bless
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gogirl, bush possum, morgan9779, Big al, Mercylove

Re: Are we allowed to play games on Sabbath? 2 years 4 months ago #3724

well i think god is fine with people playing capture the flag on sabbath. It's not likei'm playing video games nad anyways sabbath is also a day of rest. You don't have to learn abou God all day long. sabbath is like the only time i get to hang out with friends

Re: Are we allowed to play games on Sabbath? 2 years 3 months ago #4138

• isabrooke
  • Nickname: Breezy
  • Thank you received: 43
I think picnics are great to do on Sabbath! Your enjoying God's beautiful nature! :cheer: My church does Sabbath picnics sometimes. About the games, focus them more on enjoying being outside in God's nature (nature is God's second book) and on learning more about him. Be creative there are actually many fun games you can play on Sabbath ;)
*´¨)

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Isabella
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, Big al, jon01

Re: Are we allowed to play games on Sabbath? 2 years 3 months ago #4320

WEll tahnk you for your replies. Especially danny321. LOL! :p

Re: Are we allowed to play games on Sabbath? 2 years 3 months ago #4822

• bush possum
  • Aussies=Awesome!!!!!
  • Thank you received: 37
I think that Sabbath is a GREAT time to learn more about nature and God!Especially with your friends :)if possible I sometimes gather different leaves and flowers and then when I get home I glue them on a piece of paper :) I use leaves as trees etc.Or I just draw pictures of natureMy best friend and I have favourite teddies and sometimes our families go for a walk together and the teddies come with us and they play in the leaves and gather flowers and sing together. :)SOMETIMES my dad chases my friends and me after church ;)
~Leah~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big al

Re: Are we allowed to play games on Sabbath? 2 years 2 months ago #5843

• Hyperactive247
  • Psalms 34:7
  • Thank you received: 122
My church does a lot of Picnics and Games on Sabbath. Thankfully, God lets us choose what we think is best to do on the Sabbath. But we also need to listen to what the bible says. Listen, its YOUR choice. If you think its okay, then do it. If you think it is not okay, then don't do it. If you don't know which, stay on the safe side and choose NO.
Let's eat some cookies together! *nibbles on spare cookie*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big al
Time to create page: 0.630 seconds
Where Christian kids have fun! GuideMagazine.org is a ministry of Guide magazine, a Christian story magazine for children published by
the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Guide publishes nonfiction stories that show children ages 10-14 how to walk with God now and forever.